Friendliest church we've ever been to...

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Default Friendliest church we've ever been to...

My wife and I just signed the papers for our new designer home in Pennecamp. During the past five months we have made several trips to TV to find a new church home in or near TV. A friend who lives in TV recommended a Baptist church (even though we are Presbyterian) just outside TV and we immediately fell love. This is the friendliest bunch of people we have ever met. And they're genuine!

The name of the church is The Village of Faith. They have been meeting at another Baptist church off 466 while their brand new gorgeous church building, just off 466A, is being completed. Their grand opening is on September 26 at 10:30am. My wife and I will be coming back just for the service. It will be spectacular!

We strongly recommend this church.

Here's their website:
http://www.villagefaithbaptist.org/
Old 09-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Default Village of Faith Church - What a church!

This church is wonderful! The pastor is an excellent pianist who plays alot of Bill Gaither-style music. There are 8-10 singers in their Praise team who blend beautifully together. The preaching is straight from God's Word and delivered with a great deal of energy, a great sense of humor, and it is the most loving congregation that I have ever known.
The church is located on CR 466 in the old sanctuary of The First Baptist Church of Lady Lake at 8am

BUT in two weeks: September 26th @ 10:30AM

they are moving into their new worship center located at 8653 CR 127. The best way to get there is to take Buena Vista Blvd to 466A. Turn right onto 466A and go west for about 2 miles. Turn right onto CR462 and follow the road for another two miles. You can see the church (spanish architecture) from 462, but turn left on CR 127 to enter the parking area.
THE FIRST SERVICE WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 @ 10:30AM.
I know I will be there...I hope you will be too!
Quiltaddict
Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM

Who is the pastor and how big is the congregation at Village of Faith?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Sage
Default Pray for me

Hi quiltaddict,

It is utterly amazing how context can play tricks on us! Or me, anyway.

I saw on the new threads page that you had posted on this thread and I thought, why is this person addicted to guilt!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 PM

Quiltaddict,

The pastor's name is Ron Pledger. He's very warm and friendly. His sermons come from the heart. They are informal and always include humor. The time goes by so quickly because you're totally engrossed.

I have no idea what the membership number is. I would guess between 100 and 200. I'm told that once they open the new church building on the 26th they expect to see a sharp increase because they have been meeting at 8 am and that is too early for many people. The new time will be 10:30.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Default Grand Opening This Weekend 9/26/10

The Grand Opening of the brand new church building for The Village of Faith is this Sunday, September 26th, at 10:30am!!! I'm told it will be a very special service.

You're all invited.

Just got directions:
Go South on Buena Vista to 466A, Right on 466A for 1.6 miles to 462W, right on 462W. The church is 1.5 miles on the left at the corner of 462W & CR127.

If coming down US301, turn left onto 462W, cross over the RR tracks, the church is 1/4 mile on the right. Turn right onto CR127 to enter parking area.

We'll be driving 4 hours to be there. Hope to see many of you there.

Guy and Winnie

Last edited by GuyWin; 09-21-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 AM

Bump.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Would like to visit Village of Faith while we are in the villages for our lifestyle preview.

Could you let me know ...

if there are Sunday School classes (and time)
best way to get there from the villages

TIA
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Smile

Assuming that you will be visiting in the Sumter Landing area. Take either Morse boulevard or Buena Vista south to 466A. Take 466A West toward Wildwood, till CR 462 (traffic light) right on 462 to church on left. a couple of miles.
No sunday school at this time. morning service begins at 10:30 a.m.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Smile Exciting church/village of faith

You really feel you are worshipping as soon as the music and singing begin. The bible is taught in a way for god to touch your heart peronally! Village of faith is a church that honors god and lifts up his son through the power of the holy spirit. Come out and let him bless you!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:13 PM

how many people attend each Sunday? we're looking for a relatively big church.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Sage
Default Believer

Dec 15 is my rebirthday! I will be moving Gilchrist and will try this church one day. Been going to Hope Lutheran while visiting. Large and very active. nice minister.
Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWin View Post
My wife and I just signed the papers for our new designer home in Pennecamp. During the past five months we have made several trips to TV to find a new church home in or near TV. A friend who lives in TV recommended a Baptist church (even though we are Presbyterian) just outside TV and we immediately fell love. This is the friendliest bunch of people we have ever met. And they're genuine!

The name of the church is The Village of Faith. They have been meeting at another Baptist church off 466 while their brand new gorgeous church building, just off 466A, is being completed. Their grand opening is on September 26 at 10:30am. My wife and I will be coming back just for the service. It will be spectacular!

Here's their website:
www.villagefaithbaptist.org
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Sage

Village View Community Church in Summerfield (google it for directions) is a large, friendly church that offers many programs (Bible studies and more). If you live on the south end of The Villages it will take you about 30 minutes to get there however.

Another friendly, Bible-teaching church that's new to The Villages is Live Oaks Community Church. This meets in the Wildwood Community Resort. If you go south on Buena Vista to hwy 44 (at the light) go straight ahead. They meet at 9:30 Sunday mornings.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:31 PM

Church at the Springs recently opened their "villages campus" on CR 25 just behind the Home Depot. This is a great baptist ( contemporary style ) that has services every Sunday 9;30 and 11:15. Google them and look at their (big) campus in Ocala. Great casual church that welcomes you to come as you are...
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Default The Village of Faith Church Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWin View Post

Here's their website:
http://www.villagefaithbaptist.org/
Thank you SO much for recommending this Church.
Mallory Voice
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.