Harold Hendren

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Default Pastor Harold Hendren

I read on the online news that Pastor Harold Hendren, New Covenant Methodist Church, was home after two serious surgeries as a result of an accident. I've been gone for a couple of months and hadn't heard about this. What happened?
Old 12-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Default Harold Hendren

I heard that Pastor Harold Hendren, New Covenant Methodist Church, was home after two serious surgeries as a result of an accident. I've been gone for a couple of months and hadn't heard about this. What happened?
Old 12-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

online newspaper has story, cannot post links on TOTV, put this together www . villages - news . com here's the story without the photos.

Christmas miracle as beloved Villages pastor back home after harrowing accident

A Christmas miracle has been realized as a beloved pastor in The Villages is back home after a harrowing accident.

The Rev. Harold Hendren, pastor for many years at New Covenant United Methodist Church, was seriously injured in a car accident earlier this month. His injuries required two operations, including cervical (neck) vertebrae surgery. A previous surgery repaired a perforated bowel.

Hendren has persevered through those surgeries and was released from the hospital and returned home on Monday. Hendren had been in an intensive care unit following the second surgery, and in the first of many miracles, his wife was thrilled when he began speaking and wiggling his hands and feet.

New Covenant United Methodist Church is one of the largest and most active churches in Florida’s Friendliest Hometown, with campuses in Summerhill and Lake Deaton.

His family is asking for prayers – but no visitors – during this important time of recovery.

The third generation pastor and father of five children is also a competitive marathon runner, having competed in multiple Boston Marathons.

Prior to coming to The Villages, Hendren served First United Methodist Church of Miami for three years and did extensive work in its homeless ministry. He was appointed to First United Methodist Church Dunnellon and cast the vision for expanding the church’s ministries. Hendren spent 14 years serving Faith United Methodist Church in Boynton Beach, where the church expanded its ministries in worship, evangelism, children, youth and small groups.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:32 AM

Thanks John. That is what I read also. What I'm wondering is what happened and when did it happen?
Old 12-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Default Pastor Hendren

He has a sight on caringbridge.org to help out with meals, etc.
Just search for his name.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,298 Times in 536 Posts

Why not give the Pastor some privacy. I’m sure he will tell you all about it when he returns to the pulpit.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:48 AM

Pastor Harold was a passenger in a serious auto accident on December 17. After two surgeries, he was released from the hospital on December 23, which is being called by some, "The Miracle of Christmas". We have been told that the rehabilitation will take a significant amount of time and that what Pastor Harold and his family needs now are our prayers.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:02 AM

No one seems to know what happened with the car accident. Two other church members were in the car & they are fine. He’s recovering well at home. They said no visitors or calls to allow him to recover & heal. There’s a blog going with updates. You can access it from the NCUMC website. Prayers are so appreciated. Thanks! Donna Simon
Old 12-27-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Why not give the Pastor some privacy. I’m sure he will tell you all about it when he returns to the pulpit.
Actually, I wasn't trying to invade Pastor Harold's privacy. I assumed this accident, like most all accidents, was reported on in the news and since I've been out of town, I assumed I had missed the report. I didn't realize this accident was private. Pastor Harold is a wonderful man and I'm sure he will share whatever he wants to once he returns to the pulpit. However, since I won't be back for a couple of months, I will not be in church to hear about it. I'm merely wondering what happened to my loving minister, not trying to invade his privacy.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:09 AM
Default Rev. Harold Hendren

"Christmas miracle as beloved Villages pastor back home after harrowing accident" by Meta Minton ~ 12/24/19
A Christmas miracle has been realized as a beloved pastor in The Villages is back home after a harrowing accident. The Rev. Harold Hendren, pastor for many years at New Covenant United Methodist Church, was seriously injured in a car accident earlier this month. His injuries required two operations, including cervical (neck) vertebrae surgery. A previous surgery repaired a perforated bowel.
Hendren has persevered through those surgeries and was released from the hospital and returned home on Monday. Hendren had been in an intensive care unit following the second surgery, and in the first of many miracles, his wife was thrilled when he began speaking and wiggling his hands and feet. New Covenant United Methodist Church is one of the largest and most active churches in Florida’s Friendliest Hometown, with campuses in Summerhill and Lake Deaton. His family is asking for prayers – but no visitors – during this important time of recovery. The third generation pastor and father of five children is also a competitive marathon runner, having competed in multiple Boston Marathons.
Prior to coming to The Villages, Hendren served First United Methodist Church of Miami for three years and did extensive work in its homeless ministry. He was appointed to First United Methodist Church Dunnellon and cast the vision for expanding the church’s ministries. Hendren spent 14 years serving Faith United Methodist Church in Boynton Beach, where the church expanded its ministries in worship, evangelism, children, youth and small groups.

https://www.**************.com/2019/12/24/christmas-miracle-as-beloved-villages-pastor-back-home-after-harrowing-accident/
Old 02-13-2020, 11:58 PM

Saw something on line about a pastor from the Villages being in an accident in New York. Perhaps that's why it was not in area papers. If true he would have been in NY hospital and would have been a local only story. But then, may have been another area pastor, saw the article but did not read the name, details, etc. I did notice the words "turn pike" or "toll road" in NY.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.