I have household Items to donate. Where should I go?

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Default I have household Items to donate. Where should I go?

Hi there. My mom just moved here and I'm helping go through all of her things and downsizing. She has tons of kitchenware that she just doesn't need or have room for, along with more clothes than you can imagine. Do any of the churches in the area have a newcomer`s pantry or place I can donate all of this kind of thing?
Old 04-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib76 View Post
Hi there. My mom just moved here and I'm helping go through all of her things and downsizing. She has tons of kitchenware that she just doesn't need or have room for, along with more clothes than you can imagine. Do any of the churches in the area have a newcomer`s pantry or place I can donate all of this kind of thing?
There is a truck that comes to the parking lot of St Timothy's Church.
Last Thursday of every month from 7am to 11am.
Salvation Army will also pick up items that you want to donate.
There's also Sumterr County Freecycle and lots more.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Veteran member

I just took alot of stuff to Hospice Thrift Store in Summerfield @Spruce Creek Plaza across from WalMart. They use the proceeds to fund Hospice.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

There is also a manned Goodwill Truck near the Walmart on 466---same side of road as Walmart----last road to right before RR tracks. We were told by the gentlemen manning the donation truck that they will be building a Goodwill Store on that site in the future.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Veteran member

Our family takes all things worth donating to Hospice in the Spruce Creek shopping center. They also pick up.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Sage

posting under churches. heart in right place.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Veteran member

If you live north of The Villages, there's Centsible Furnishings. It's sponsored by LOVE, INC, an organization of about 30 local churches. The money from the sold items helps support the program which screens and helps those who are going through a rough patch and need help. It's sort of like a clearing house where they know where all the resources are and where to send those that need help or even give them the help they need. Very worthwhile organization. North of 42 by about 1.5 miles on 441, the east side (on right).
Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Habitat is on 44, just a short distance from the Brownwood entrance. Donation hours are 10 to 4:30 Tuesday - Saturday. I don't know the name of the street, but it is next to the people who sell the large rocks. There is a sign on 44.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Default Non-clothing donations needed

Our Mother's Attic 115 So Main St, Wildwood is operated by volunteers from St Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. Proceeds go to helping the needy in this area. Hours are M-F 10-4 Sat 12-2. It is across from Kuhn Chiropractic and is a cream colored building two stores north of The Red Door store.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.