I read the church question and thought, "Get me to the thread on time."

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Default I read the church question and thought, "Get me to the thread on time."

I was riding in our car when I saw the thread where the OP asked about a church. I wanted to help, but I cannot type worth a darn on my phone. I was almost home, but I knew I would have to hurry if I were to get to the laptop keyboard before the thread was closed. (talk about hunting and pecking)

I did not make it in time so that is why I started a new thread.

I judged the OP of the closed thread to be a sincere seeker and I wanted to suggest he take a look at the United Church of Christ.

The United Church of Christ has part of its roots in the Congregational Church. (widely established in the Plymouth Colony so it goes back a long way) Through a merger, it became the United Church of Christ sometime in the late 50's or early 60's. In the last several years, there has been controversy within the UCC, causing some congregations to split. (I guess you could say they got more untied than united during all that stuff.)

I am linking you here to the website for the United Church of Christ at The Villages. I think you might feel comfortable with the open welcoming of the UCC. Reading through the site could help you decide if you want to pay them a visit some Sunday. Their Villages location is on CR 101, Oxford.

Here's the link to the local UCC:

United Church of Christ at The villages - Home

Here is another link to the main site for the UCC. There you can learn more about the denomination and its history.

About Us

I wish you a joyous journey.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.