Looking for Christian church with spirit-filled music

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysdad View Post
We changed from St. Tim's to FAIRWAY....love it
Did you try St. Mark the Evangelist on 42? Awesome!!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:45 PM

Calvery Chapel of The Villages
Old 02-13-2014, 07:51 PM

Village View is also a great church. Very friendly! Great praise and worship.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Default Village of Faith Baptist Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by blube View Post
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Village of Faith Baptist Church is located on Route 462. Excellent pastor (Rev. Ron Pledger) who preaches from the Bible; and gospel music that is fantastic! Very friendly congregation which makes you feel at home!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:49 PM

I have been attending Grace Tabernacle on Rte 468 in Wildwood for almost 5 years and have been blessed with wonderful anointed worship and teachings by Pastors Terry Wilkerson and Gary Washburn.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:07 PM

Try Grace Tabernacle ion highway 468.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:34 PM

I don't mean to be catty, but are you interested in spirited music, or Spirit-filled worship? I submit that there is a substantial difference. The Spirit blesses the preaching of the word of God. While music may move us, only the word (and the Word) can change us. Style should always be subordinate to substance, unless the goal is entertainment. Just some food for thought.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
I don't mean to be catty, but are you interested in spirited music, or Spirit-filled worship? I submit that there is a substantial difference. The Spirit blesses the preaching of the word of God. While music may move us, only the word (and the Word) can change us. Style should always be subordinate to substance, unless the goal is entertainment. Just some food for thought.
Santa, in a sense, you are right that the word preached or read is the most likely way to get an experience that makes a life-changing difference. In my life, there is no limit to how God may gently speak to me. It may be circumstances, or Godly advice, or a still small voice as I'm listening to Him, or in my prayers.

I do get the point though, that entertainment is not the purpose.

I can't help it that I am giddy about heavenly entertainment, with pearl gates and jewels everywhere and a rainbow around the throne and angels crying holy holy holy. and harpers and new songs and beasts and whoa! the King of Kings sitting on the throne! That's the substance of things hoped for.

You PM me when you are about to come here. If I can help you and Mrs. Claus get oriented and comfortable, I'm happy to do so.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
The OP asked for spirit filled MUSIC. And, the goal of music in worship is not entertainment. For many, the purpose of worship in music is to bring glory to God. Worshipping through song glorifies God and prepares our hearts for hearing the Word preached.
P.S. Please don't put me on your naughty list!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Sage

Hey Doug. Yep, worship and preparing the heart and bringing glory to God.
Some kind of mystery in how music alters the heart, mind and spirit. It takes great football or a 5 star movie to entertain me, otherwise I want to be an active participant.
I guess that's what "spirit-filled music" might mean to the OP...where you feel free to use your body to express praise, raising your hands, saying hallelujah, dancing.
Maybe the OP will see this and let us know.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Default spirit filled church

3 miles north of 42... there is Village View community church... 5 services and about 2500 attending. It also has young people in the church... something that we liked to see. just google it...
Old 04-20-2014, 08:44 PM

My only point is that scripture promises that the Spirit will bless the preaching of the word of God, that the word is active and powerful, that the word is infallible. The centrality of the preaching of the word should be the primary criterion for choosing which services to attend, IMHO.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
My only point is that scripture promises that the Spirit will bless the preaching of the word of God, that the word is active and powerful, that the word is infallible. The centrality of the preaching of the word should be the primary criterion for choosing which services to attend, IMHO.
I missed the point, which is well taken and most heartily cheered.

Pastor Gary said last week that it goes with his calling as a minister to wait upon God twice a week, with no let down, to hear fresh and clear what God would say through him for that moment to speak.

Grace Tabernacle Where Grace Happens
You can listen to messages under messages, podcast, but it's better to be there.
GT is a sponsor, by the way, under churches.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Sage

My only point was no one asked to be "preached" criterion for choosing a service. All that was asked was a suggestion for a Christian church with spirit-filled music. To each his own. Although, I will bow out and let the OP speak for him/herself if he/she so wishes. blube, I hope you find what you are searching for. Peace!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
My only point was no one asked to be "preached" criterion for choosing a service. All that was asked was a suggestion for a Christian church with spirit-filled music. To each his own. Although, I will bow out and let the OP speak for him/herself if he/she so wishes. blube, I hope you find what you are searching for. Peace!
Doug, you are also right. U do music at your church?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.