Looking for a non-denominational church

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2017, 04:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Catholics are also taught to believe in purgatory, something most other Christians don't really understand. The Catholic Church only allows men to be priests. Christian churches typically allow both men and women to be pastors. Catholics don't believe in birth control or abortion. Catholics don't allow other Christians to commune with them because they hold different beliefs about the Holy 3. I am sure there are other major differences between Catholics and other Christians... I just named a few.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Purgatory is not part of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, not for many, many years. Other Christians are not offered Holy Communion, the bread and the wine, but ALL people are invited always to attend our daily church service, which we call the Mass. Catholics are taught that abortion is taking a life but it is very difficult to find a Catholic anymore that doesn't use birth control. At this time only men are priests, that is true, but most of us Catholics expect that to change and soon.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:12 AM

If you live south of 466A please check out The Father's House in Leesburg. Wonderful worship, teaching and community outreach.
2301 South St.
Lessburg, FL
Service times are 9:00am & 11:00am
Old 08-21-2017, 06:16 AM
TOTV Moderator

OP is seeking a non-denominational church. Please stay on topic.

If you wish to discuss Catholicism or other religious topics, start a new thread.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:32 AM
Gold member

To the OP....if you do a Google search for non denominational churches in your zip code,
a long list will come up, and then you can check them out
to find one you feel comfortable with.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:38 AM
fw102807

I too was brought up Catholic and left when I felt it was just about money power and control. I used to do the books for several parishes and found that all of the collection money went straight to the archdiocese. We like the non denominational churches because they are more about praising God and less about eating meat on Fridays in lent.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I too was brought up Catholic and left when I felt it was just about money power and control. I used to do the books for several parishes and found that all of the collection money went straight to the archdiocese. We like the non denominational churches because they are more about praising God and less about eating meat on Fridays in lent.
I love our Church and you love yours. The archdiocese is headed by the Bishop and he is the authority person. Every church has someone in charge and I imagine that your church has someone in charge too who decides how to spend the money collected.. Giving up meat on Friday's during Lent is supposed to be a sacrifice meant to show God that you care about His sacrifice of His son; a symbol and a praise. All Churches pass the hat but you aren't thrown out if you don't contribute and people in the church don't know what you give or whether you give at all. I can't be silent when someone gives misinformation. Church is a community of love to me. Disclaimer: I am not a great example of a good Catholic.

non denominational churches near the villages florida. - Bing

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-21-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
OP is seeking a non-denominational church. Please stay on topic.

If you wish to discuss Catholicism or other religious topics, start a new thread.

Thank you!!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Thank you!!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What exactly IS a non denominational Church?
The "standard" definition is a non-denominational church is one that does not have a ruling body (government, council, convention, administration, diocese, assembly, etc.) but is involved in a "loosely-configured organization of independent churches", i.e. association because of invitation, rather than inclusion by a 'denomination' or being selected by a group. They hire staff independently (they are not "assigned" a pastor, minister, etc.) and have their own independent by-laws/rules as a congregation. A typical example of this is the "New Testament Christian Church" of the 'Stone-Campbell' movement or Restoration movement.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post
The "standard" definition is a non-denominational church is one that does not have a ruling body (government, council, convention, administration, diocese, assembly, etc.) but is involved in a "loosely-configured organization of independent churches", i.e. association because of invitation, rather than inclusion by a 'denomination' or being selected by a group. They hire staff independently (they are not "assigned" a pastor, minister, etc.) and have their own independent by-laws/rules as a congregation. A typical example of this is the "New Testament Christian Church" of the 'Stone-Campbell' movement or Restoration movement.
And they can have different professions of faith, from one to another, as well.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I love our Church and you love yours. The archdiocese is headed by the Bishop and he is the authority person. Every church has someone in charge and I imagine that your church has someone in charge too who decides how to spend the money collected.. Giving up meat on Friday's during Lent is supposed to be a sacrifice meant to show God that you care about His sacrifice of His son; a symbol and a praise. All Churches pass the hat but you aren't thrown out if you don't contribute and people in the church don't know what you give or whether you give at all. I can't be silent when someone gives misinformation. Church is a community of love to me. Disclaimer: I am not a great example of a good Catholic.

I did not mean to stomp on anyone's beliefs, I am just stating my experience in what non-denominational is. It is far less rigid and authoritarian. I personally felt the Catholic Church was like an enterprise but I know it works well for many. I do not condemn anyone's religion and respect their right to choose.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I did not mean to stomp on anyone's beliefs, I am just stating my experience in what non-denominational is. It is far less rigid and authoritarian. I personally felt the Catholic Church was like an enterprise but I know it works well for many. I do not condemn anyone's religion and respect their right to choose.
Thank you for your kindness in explaining.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post

Like I said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 10:48 AM

We worship at Calvary Chapel Villages, a nondenominational church. We study the bible chapter by chapter, simply profound. The church motto is "Receiving from God, Investing in people, Sharing life, Making disciples." Check out the website at Citizens for Community Values | Protecting the family since 1983 to learn more. Come visit Sunday at 10 AM. We currently meet in the fellowship hall of Wildwood Assembly at 1308 Cleveland Ave (466A). On 9/3/17, we move to Wildwood Country Resorts at the intersection of Buena Vista Blvd and Route 44.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Well that was sure the wrong website! Calvary Chapel Villages website is CCVillages

Last edited by BobandMary; 08-21-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: incomplete
Closed Thread

Tags
church, non-denominational, villages, wisconsin, love

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.