Looking for a non-denominational church

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:00 PM

I especially like the expository preaching style of the pastors. I look forward to being a part of LOCC as we impact our community(ies) in novel ways.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Gold member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
About EFCA
Old 08-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Platinum member

Thumbs up About EFCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltonnya View Post
Live Oaks Community Church is Evangelical Free, but very similar to a non-denominational church. Bible centered, very friendly, only 5 years old- We just had our Grand Opening in our new facility behind the Walmart on 466. We've always gone to non-denominational churches & love LOCC.
The Evangelical Free Church of America's Statement of Faith could easily have been written by a Southern Baptist leader. The EFCA came into existence in 1950, with strong Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish roots.

In fact, a notable member of this denomination is Chuck Swindoll, former President of Dallas Theological Seminary where large numbers of Southern Baptist preachers get their seminary degrees. Chuck Swindoll founded Insight for Living, headquartered in Plano, Texas, which airs a radio program of the same name on more than 2,000 stations around the world in 15 languages. He is one of my favorite radio preachers.

The EFCA, like Southern Baptist churches have a de-centralized structure, in which no central authority can direct any particular church to behave in any particular way. They are characterized as "Congregational" churches, which means that each local congregation is autonomous and directs its own affairs.

Is an EFCA church right for you? Check out their Statement of Faith.

EFCA Statement of Faith | EFCA

Old 08-20-2017, 10:30 PM
Sage

Default Looking for a non-denominational church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Catholics are also taught to believe in purgatory, something most other Christians don't really understand. The Catholic Church only allows men to be priests. Christian churches typically allow both men and women to be pastors. Catholics don't believe in birth control or abortion. Catholics don't allow other Christians to commune with them because they hold different beliefs about the Holy 3. I am sure there are other major differences between Catholics and other Christians... I just named a few.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Don't appreciate the Catholic bashing. Ok, cool it.
And, don't BS me that you weren't. Thanks in advance Looking for a non-denominational church🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Gold member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Catholics are also taught to believe in purgatory, something most other Christians don't really understand. The Catholic Church only allows men to be priests. Christian churches typically allow both men and women to be pastors. Catholics don't believe in birth control or abortion. Catholics don't allow other Christians to commune with them because they hold different beliefs about the Holy 3. I am sure there are other major differences between Catholics and other Christians... I just named a few.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Purgatory is not part of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, not for many, many years. Other Christians are not offered Holy Communion, the bread and the wine, but ALL people are invited always to attend our daily church service, which we call the Mass. Catholics are taught that abortion is taking a life but it is very difficult to find a Catholic anymore that doesn't use birth control. At this time only men are priests, that is true, but most of us Catholics expect that to change and soon.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:12 AM

If you live south of 466A please check out The Father's House in Leesburg. Wonderful worship, teaching and community outreach.
2301 South St.
Lessburg, FL
Service times are 9:00am & 11:00am
Old 08-21-2017, 06:16 AM
TOTV Moderator

OP is seeking a non-denominational church. Please stay on topic.

If you wish to discuss Catholicism or other religious topics, start a new thread.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:32 AM
Gold member

To the OP....if you do a Google search for non denominational churches in your zip code,
a long list will come up, and then you can check them out
to find one you feel comfortable with.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:38 AM
Sage

I too was brought up Catholic and left when I felt it was just about money power and control. I used to do the books for several parishes and found that all of the collection money went straight to the archdiocese. We like the non denominational churches because they are more about praising God and less about eating meat on Fridays in lent.
Closed Thread

Tags
church, non-denominational, villages, wisconsin, love