Looking for a non-denominational church

Looking for a non-denominational church

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-21-2017, 07:23 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I too was brought up Catholic and left when I felt it was just about money power and control. I used to do the books for several parishes and found that all of the collection money went straight to the archdiocese. We like the non denominational churches because they are more about praising God and less about eating meat on Fridays in lent.
I love our Church and you love yours. The archdiocese is headed by the Bishop and he is the authority person. Every church has someone in charge and I imagine that your church has someone in charge too who decides how to spend the money collected.. Giving up meat on Friday's during Lent is supposed to be a sacrifice meant to show God that you care about His sacrifice of His son; a symbol and a praise. All Churches pass the hat but you aren't thrown out if you don't contribute and people in the church don't know what you give or whether you give at all. I can't be silent when someone gives misinformation. Church is a community of love to me. Disclaimer: I am not a great example of a good Catholic.

non denominational churches near the villages florida. - Bing
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-21-2017 at 07:30 AM.

  #22  
Old 08-21-2017, 07:29 AM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 2,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
OP is seeking a non-denominational church. Please stay on topic.

If you wish to discuss Catholicism or other religious topics, start a new thread.

Moderator
Thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #23  
Old 08-21-2017, 07:30 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Thank you!!!!
non denominational churches near the villages florida. - Bing
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
  #24  
Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 AM
IndianaJones IndianaJones is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sumter
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What exactly IS a non denominational Church?
The "standard" definition is a non-denominational church is one that does not have a ruling body (government, council, convention, administration, diocese, assembly, etc.) but is involved in a "loosely-configured organization of independent churches", i.e. association because of invitation, rather than inclusion by a 'denomination' or being selected by a group. They hire staff independently (they are not "assigned" a pastor, minister, etc.) and have their own independent by-laws/rules as a congregation. A typical example of this is the "New Testament Christian Church" of the 'Stone-Campbell' movement or Restoration movement.
  #25  
Old 08-21-2017, 09:07 AM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post
The "standard" definition is a non-denominational church is one that does not have a ruling body (government, council, convention, administration, diocese, assembly, etc.) but is involved in a "loosely-configured organization of independent churches", i.e. association because of invitation, rather than inclusion by a 'denomination' or being selected by a group. They hire staff independently (they are not "assigned" a pastor, minister, etc.) and have their own independent by-laws/rules as a congregation. A typical example of this is the "New Testament Christian Church" of the 'Stone-Campbell' movement or Restoration movement.
And they can have different professions of faith, from one to another, as well.
__________________
Happiness is when your life on the outside matches your life on the inside.
  #26  
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM
fw102807's Avatar
fw102807 fw102807 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 3,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I love our Church and you love yours. The archdiocese is headed by the Bishop and he is the authority person. Every church has someone in charge and I imagine that your church has someone in charge too who decides how to spend the money collected.. Giving up meat on Friday's during Lent is supposed to be a sacrifice meant to show God that you care about His sacrifice of His son; a symbol and a praise. All Churches pass the hat but you aren't thrown out if you don't contribute and people in the church don't know what you give or whether you give at all. I can't be silent when someone gives misinformation. Church is a community of love to me. Disclaimer: I am not a great example of a good Catholic.

non denominational churches near the villages florida. - Bing
I did not mean to stomp on anyone's beliefs, I am just stating my experience in what non-denominational is. It is far less rigid and authoritarian. I personally felt the Catholic Church was like an enterprise but I know it works well for many. I do not condemn anyone's religion and respect their right to choose.
  #27  
Old 08-21-2017, 10:13 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I did not mean to stomp on anyone's beliefs, I am just stating my experience in what non-denominational is. It is far less rigid and authoritarian. I personally felt the Catholic Church was like an enterprise but I know it works well for many. I do not condemn anyone's religion and respect their right to choose.
Thank you for your kindness in explaining.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
  #28  
Old 08-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Wiotte Wiotte is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: TV
Posts: 5,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post
The "standard" definition is a non-denominational church is one that does not have a ruling body (government, council, convention, administration, diocese, assembly, etc.) but is involved in a "loosely-configured organization of independent churches", i.e. association because of invitation, rather than inclusion by a 'denomination' or being selected by a group. They hire staff independently (they are not "assigned" a pastor, minister, etc.) and have their own independent by-laws/rules as a congregation. A typical example of this is the "New Testament Christian Church" of the 'Stone-Campbell' movement or Restoration movement.


Like I said.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #29  
Old 08-21-2017, 10:48 AM
BobandMary BobandMary is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Summerhill
Posts: 168
Default

We worship at Calvary Chapel Villages, a nondenominational church. We study the bible chapter by chapter, simply profound. The church motto is "Receiving from God, Investing in people, Sharing life, Making disciples." Check out the website at Citizens for Community Values | Protecting the family since 1983 to learn more. Come visit Sunday at 10 AM. We currently meet in the fellowship hall of Wildwood Assembly at 1308 Cleveland Ave (466A). On 9/3/17, we move to Wildwood Country Resorts at the intersection of Buena Vista Blvd and Route 44.
  #30  
Old 08-21-2017, 10:52 AM
BobandMary BobandMary is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Summerhill
Posts: 168
Default

Well that was sure the wrong website! Calvary Chapel Villages website is CCVillages

Last edited by BobandMary; 08-21-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: incomplete
Closed Thread

Tags
church, non-denominational, villages, wisconsin, love

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.