Looking for short term mission outreach

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Question Looking for short term mission outreach

We are Southern Baptist. We are looking for a mission outreach to do on a week's vacation from work. Went to Guatamala twice. Did vacation Bible school with children. Did some building projects. Husband has carpentry skills. I have music skills. Not comfortable working with children. But might try it. We have a camper. So we could use that to live in for the week. Any suggestions?
Old 05-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmahol View Post
We are Southern Baptist. We are looking for a mission outreach to do on a week's vacation from work. Went to Guatamala twice. Did vacation Bible school with children. Did some building projects. Husband has carpentry skills. I have music skills. Not comfortable working with children. But might try it. We have a camper. So we could use that to live in for the week. Any suggestions?
Have you tried contacting your church or a Baptist church in or near The Villages for some ideas? You mention that your husband has carpentry skills -- how about contacting Habitat for Humanity to see if they have a program you could volunteer with for a week?

Or try contacting a Baptist church near Moore, Oklahoma where the tornados caused so much damage last week. Maybe they could put you to work for a week. Good luck finding a mission outreach; I think it is wonderful that you will do this during a vacation.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.