New Covenant United Methodist Church

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Sage

Thanks, Avista!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I would like to visit New Covenant United Methodist Church when I return to TV in October. I have checked out their web site, and it seems like a very welcoming church to non-Methodists. Is this true, or will I stick out like sore thumb?

I visited Hope Lutheran Church in July, and it was very welcoming. I have been a member of an Episcopal church for 15 years, and the service at Hope Lutheran was pretty similar to the services at the Episcopal church I am a member of.
I have been attending New Covenant for over 5 years and find it very welcoming. They are also setting up a new church in the newer area of the Villages -south of 466A Our next service is this coming Sunday and will be held at Big Cypress Rec Center on Hendry Dr.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

We visited New Covenant during our Lifestyles visit and will be joining when we become full time Villagers (home is bought, move in over next 2 years).

We have always been in large Methodist churches in other places so New Covenant fits right in with what we are used to in a church. So, even though we are in Pinellas at the south end of TV we will attend the main church, not the newly forming one.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default 30 year Methodist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I went to New Covenant United Methodist yesterday. Very good preacher. Enjoyed the choir -- wish there were 30+ people in my church choir. Coming from a Catholic/Episcopalian background, I have a few questions: 1. There was no communion distributed at this service. Is communion ever distributed at Methodist services? 2. The Nicene Creed was not recited -- is that not done during Methodist services? The pastor did not wear vestments -- do Methodist pastors normally not wear vestments during the service? The people in the congregation were quite friendly. It is certainly a busy place on Sunday at 10:15 a.m.
Wife and I have a Baptist background as youth and attend NCUMC. I think it is fair to say that New Covenant is not a traditional Methodist Church. It has been one of the fastest growing (if not the fastest) Methodist churches in the country.

Other posts have correctly pointed out the diversity of people from various denominations belonging at New Covenant. That's just one of the things we like. The sermons are the best I've heard---and I have heard many good Preachers.

There is no pressure to join---just a friendly inviting Christian Congregation.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.