New Pastor

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Bring your pocketbook.
You made me laugh as I recalled going to St. Timothy's one April Sunday about five years go. The church was so packed we had to stand in front of the front pews with others, leaving only pathways from the sanctuary to the aisles. The collection baskets began to arrive the moment the offertory began. The ushers had a daunting job circulating the baskets and somewhere their signals got crossed. When communion was over and the Mass neared conclusion the baskets were still being passed. For those of us in the front and the front pews, it was for the sixth time. I could see the faithful front pew regulars continuing to reach into their wallets and purses. Some were non-plussed, some starting to hesitate. Most of us standees were just passing the basket, but I was impressed by the non-stop participation of the regulars.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not to detract from this thread or take away from the fine parish of St.Vincent de Paul but just mentioning that Fr. Ed, our pastor at St. Timothy is a warm and good person and a funny guy and avid golfer and we have lots of retired priests offering the Masses, two each weekday and many on Saturday and Sunday.

Will someone tell me if this statement is true? I head somewhere that St. Timothy was either the largest Roman Catholic parish in Florida or in the top number. Not sure of this. It is a big bunch of folks even during daily Mass.

And nice folks too.
Well Gracie, you know what can happen if you start a sentence with "I read somewhere..." on TOTV! But this may be one of those benign rumors, which just gets answered by someone who knows the facts. That happens once in a while.

Now I heard that St. Tims set the record for paying off their building debt. You have to do that in order to have a church consecrated. I don't know if that has happened yet, but my info comes from a really nice person who would never spread rumors.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.