Non Denominational Church

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Default Non Denominational Church

I am fairly new to the area. I live in the Villages of Parkwood next to Bison Valley off 466. I have had a calling that has given me goose bumps and am searching for a non denominational church near this area to attend.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Sage

I would offer that the most spiritually alive and thriving church I've found is Grace Tabernacle, which is about 5 miles east of Brownwood. Sunday a.m. at 10. You can listen to a previously recorded message online at
gracetab.org
Old 01-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyC View Post
I am fairly new to the area. I live in the Villages of Parkwood next to Bison Valley off 466. I have had a calling that has given me goose bumps and am searching for a non denominational church near this area to attend.
While Fairway Christian is a Disciples of Christ church it is as close to a "non denominational" feel as you can get IMO. I grew up in a Disciples church and a few years ago toured the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi, where in the chapel they displayed pictures of all the Chaplains that had served the ship over the years. A preponderance of the Chaplains had been ordained in the Disciples of Christ, which surprised me, as it is a relatively small denomination. When I mentioned it to our pastor he said it was probably because there is little "doctrine" in the church making it feel welcoming to Christians of any denomination. We are now Lutheran, but have been to Fairway a few times and found it to uplifting and welcoming. Hope Lutheran is our home church in TV and it is also very warm and welcoming.

Last edited by eweissenbach; 01-12-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 PM

We have attended Village View Church for nine years and this is the church we have always been looking for. These people really walk their talk...you are encouraged to serve and not just attend. It is non-denominational and has an amazing staff as well as volunteers. It is strictly bible based and not legalistic. Come as you are and you will be loved! It is located just outside the Villages ...if you would want more directions just contact me...hope to see you there! Oh, we have 5 services...2 on Sat. and 3 on Sunday....God bless...
Old 01-05-2014, 02:40 PM

I attend The Chapel of Christian Faith next to Paradise Rec Center in The Villages historic section. The size is about 250 ppl on a Sunday morning. Pastor trained at Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, TX. Very sound, biblical teaching and warm, welcoming body of Christians.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

Unity of The Villages is wonderful. They are located in the Spruce Creek Professional Plaza off 441/27. Unity of the Villages |
Old 01-12-2014, 03:27 PM

We found The Father's House in Leedsburg to be amazing! The pastors are alive and there is room for all. Check out their website if you are interested. Just click on The Father's House.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to Culvers2Villages

I love reading all the post and all the wonderful comments about the wonderful churches in The Villages area... It's awesome that we have so many to choose from... Praise God!!!
gracetab.org Grace Tabernacle is where we go... We love the Spirit filled and anointed Worship and Teaching... Pastor Gary Washburn is an anointed Pastor for "such a time as this"... Hope to see you there!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 PM

I have to say this in all do respect. I in my entire life have never, ever, have seen so many places of Worship in such a small area. Which makes me think of one Big thing $$$$$$$.

There is a wanna be so called wanna be off shoot, Catholic Priest in Belleview, who used to be a Comedian that captures a pretty good following not a lot but a nice decent income, good delivery, and has his flock coming back for more. He calls himself " Father Mark " yeah right!!

Then you have many Mega, Mega , all kinds of religious denominations you name it they are here, big time, some even take Credit Cards. Gold Preferred for obvious reasons.

Now here is the deal....You would think in your wildest, wildest, dreams that with all these places of worship that preach ...well you know what, we would be Living in well " UTOPIA " everybody reaching out, to help everyone smile well sort of like a Mini Heaven. Only in your dreams. I would love to know where on earth there is so many places of worship that even remotely compares with this area. Honestly it is really mind boggling and every place is packed. Big, Big, $$$$$.

Look these people are out for the $$$ they have a captured audience YOU !! Here is this guy in Belleview knew this a very long time ago and went from stand-up comedian to " Hearing The Call " give me a break. There are so many places to give your money $$ to take your pick hey what ever you are comfortable with it's sort of like " Disney " Religion..were here to make you Happy...Just make a " Generous " contribution..10%-15% would be nice but you can always sacrifice a pinch more. God Bless. Credit Cards are accepted but Cash is Preferred.

As for me? I go merrily along saving my $$$ smile and do my best to lead a decent life and most of all listen and giving my time to people who need help, without the Con.

I realize there is a need for places of worship but honestly look around these places are Huge why ??? If they make you feel good Great But in Reality I don't really see it happening. Sadly it's all back to reality less than 5 minutes after services end. But while it was all going on it was making you feel on top of the world. RIGHT. once a week meanwhile Pastor whoever counts the $$$, jumps into his Porsche with his partner gives a High Five and speeds off for a well you name it gourmet whatever.

Last edited by jhrc4; 03-02-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[QUOTE=jhrc4;838426]I have to say this in all do respect. I in my entire life have never , ever . have seen so many places of Worship in such a small area. Which makes me think of one Big thing $$$$$$$.
There is a wanna be Catholic Priest who used to be a Comedian that captures a pretty good following not a lot but decent income good delivery and has his flock coming back for more.

Then you have a Mega Mega all kinds of religious denominations you name it they here, big time, some even take Credit Cards.

Now here is the deal....You would think in your wildest dreams that with all these places of worship that preach ...well you know what, we would be Living in " UTOPIA " everybody reaching out , to help everyone smile sort of like a mini heaven. Only in your dreams. I would love to know where on earth there is so many places of worship that even remotely compares with this area. Honestly it is really mind boggling and every place is packed. Big $$$$$.

Look these people are out for the $$$ they have a captured audience here is guy in Belleview knew this along time ago and went from comedian to " Hearing The Call " give me a break. There are so many places to give your money $$ to take your pick hey what ever you are comfortable with it's sort of like " Disney " Religion..were here to make you Happy...Just make a " Generous " contribution..10% would be nice but you can always sacrifice a pinch more. God Bless. Credit Cards are accepted but Cash is Preferred.

As for me? I go merrily along saving my $$$ smile and do my best to lead a decent life and most of all listen and giving my time to people who need help, without the Con.[QUOTE]

I realize there is a need for places of worship but honestly look around these places are Huge why ??? If they make you feel good Great But in Reality I don't really see it happening.[/QUOTE

Your argument might be more credible if it weren't so... I don't know, bombastic. And a little better edited.

It sounds like you are agnostic, which is fine, but please consider leaving the rest of these people to their faith. I am a mainline Presbyterian who doesn't subscribe to the Bible is Inerrant theory, or many of the fundamentalist beliefs, but I believe in the goodness of many of the people who do, and many of them are my friends, and who's to say how God feels about all of this?

There are indeed money grabbers in religion, but they are not all like that.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=CFrance;838443][QUOTE=jhrc4;838426]I have to say this in all do respect. I in my entire life have never , ever . have seen so many places of Worship in such a small area. Which makes me think of one Big thing $$$$$$$.
There is a wanna be Catholic Priest who used to be a Comedian that captures a pretty good following not a lot but decent income good delivery and has his flock coming back for more.

Then you have a Mega Mega all kinds of religious denominations you name it they here, big time, some even take Credit Cards.

Now here is the deal....You would think in your wildest dreams that with all these places of worship that preach ...well you know what, we would be Living in " UTOPIA " everybody reaching out , to help everyone smile sort of like a mini heaven. Only in your dreams. I would love to know where on earth there is so many places of worship that even remotely compares with this area. Honestly it is really mind boggling and every place is packed. Big $$$$$.

Look these people are out for the $$$ they have a captured audience here is guy in Belleview knew this along time ago and went from comedian to " Hearing The Call " give me a break. There are so many places to give your money $$ to take your pick hey what ever you are comfortable with it's sort of like " Disney " Religion..were here to make you Happy...Just make a " Generous " contribution..10% would be nice but you can always sacrifice a pinch more. God Bless. Credit Cards are accepted but Cash is Preferred.

As for me? I go merrily along saving my $$$ smile and do my best to lead a decent life and most of all listen and giving my time to people who need help, without the Con.
Quote:

Your argument might be more credible if it weren't so... I don't know, bombastic. And a little better edited.

It sounds like you are agnostic, which is fine, but please consider leaving the rest of these people to their faith. I am a mainline Presbyterian who doesn't subscribe to the Bible is Inerrant theory, or many of the fundamentalist beliefs, but I believe in the goodness of many of the people who do, and many of them are my friends, and who's to say how God feels about all of this?

There are indeed money grabbers in religion, but they are not all like that.
I can't say it like CFrance, but if religious houses bring people peace than peace be with them. Many people attend organized religious services inside buildings meant for that purpose and contribute money and time and support of each other. Many people do not attend church and still are good and kind and helpful and supportive people. If it works for them, than I am sure that God is pleased.

Scrupulous and unscrupulous people lead churches and some never attend them.

If we can't figure out who is who, He can.

It is TOO big a job for me.

I gotta say that when I see Church spires and a lot of them, the last thing I think about is collecting money. I see that someone was searching for something good.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post
I have to say this in all do respect. I in my entire life have never, ever, have seen so many places of Worship in such a small area. Which makes me think of one Big thing $$$$$$$.

There is a wanna be so called wanna be off shoot, Catholic Priest in Belleview, who used to be a Comedian that captures a pretty good following not a lot but a nice decent income, good delivery, and has his flock coming back for more. He calls himself " Father Mark " yeah right!!

Then you have many Mega, Mega , all kinds of religious denominations you name it they are here, big time, some even take Credit Cards. Gold Preferred for obvious reasons.

Now here is the deal....You would think in your wildest, wildest, dreams that with all these places of worship that preach ...well you know what, we would be Living in well " UTOPIA " everybody reaching out, to help everyone smile well sort of like a Mini Heaven. Only in your dreams. I would love to know where on earth there is so many places of worship that even remotely compares with this area. Honestly it is really mind boggling and every place is packed. Big, Big, $$$$$.

Look these people are out for the $$$ they have a captured audience YOU !! Here is this guy in Belleview knew this a very long time ago and went from stand-up comedian to " Hearing The Call " give me a break. There are so many places to give your money $$ to take your pick hey what ever you are comfortable with it's sort of like " Disney " Religion..were here to make you Happy...Just make a " Generous " contribution..10%-15% would be nice but you can always sacrifice a pinch more. God Bless. Credit Cards are accepted but Cash is Preferred.

I realize there is a need for places of worship but honestly look around these places are Huge why ??? If they make you feel good Great But in Reality I don't really see it happening. Sadly it's all back to reality less than 5 minutes after services end. But while it was all going on it was making you feel on top of the world. RIGHT. once a week meanwhile Pastor whoever counts the $$$, jumps into his Porsche with his partner gives a High Five and speeds off for a well you name it gourmet whatever.
Sounds like you possess several admirable qualities, but lack of judgmentalism seems not to be one of them.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post

I do sort of understand what he is saying although I don't think he communicated it well, nor can I but I'll try. I did not get the feeling he was an atheist, but disappointed in churches. We all know there are many scandals that come from churches and a lot of it involves greed and power. I understand that due to some experiences within the church and I ran across a lot of hypocritical people. This sickened me and I eventually left the church. I could go on and on about things that happened but I won't.

After leaving the church I never forgot the things learned from the sermons and continued to live by them by doing small acts of kindness, along with trying to live by the Golden Rule. I think jhrc4 was trying to convey just because you attend church doesn't make you a good, caring, compassionate person. You have to carry over the church experience into your everyday life to reach the fullest potential of being the best you can be in Gods eyes and others.

I hope this makes sense as I do have a hard time communicating on forums. I'm more of a face to face person.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
I do sort of understand what he is saying although I don't think he communicated it well, nor can I but I'll try. I did not get the feeling he was an atheist, but disappointed in churches. We all know there are many scandals that come from churches and a lot of it involves greed and power. I understand that due to some experiences within the church and I ran across a lot of hypocritical people. This sickened me and I eventually left the church. I could go on and on about things that happened but I won't.

After leaving the church I never forgot the things learned from the sermons and continued to live by them by doing small acts of kindness, along with trying to live by the Golden Rule. I think jhrc4 was trying to convey just because you attend church doesn't make you a good, caring, compassionate person. You have to carry over the church experience into your everyday life to reach the fullest potential of being the best you can be in Gods eyes and others. I hope this makes sense as I do have a hard time communicating on forums. I'm more of a face to face person.

I aso think he /she was trying to lump successful churches with big money, he/she is not willing to give. Hence, the 15% tithing, that some churches may teach, in walking the walk.

GOD's second greatest commandment is "to love one another, as I have loved you". I believe we are put here to be of service to others. In doing the right thing, and not intentionally hurting, one another.

I'm sure there are some instances, where people like to think, they walk the walk, but don't. Christians aren't perfect, just forgiving.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-03-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Sounds like you possess several admirable qualities, but lack of judgmentalism seems not to be one of them.
I am not being judgmental at all I am just putting pen to paper an observation, that is a common site in this area. Can anyone enlighten me or explain why there are so many, many houses of worship clustered in a relatively small area, there has to be a reason, the only one that I can come up with is $$$, honest. I would request a reasonably Intelligent answer.

As I speak ground is broken on yet another house of worship on Ridley Rd. which further illustrates the point that I am trying to make. Now is there a need for all of these places ? Apparently there must be or it just be a smart business venture where $$$ is the sole (soul) object.

Hey if individuals feel a need to get cleansed or feel good for awhile Great, I'm all for that.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.