Non Denominational Church

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post

I am not being judgmental at all I am just putting pen to paper an observation, that is a common site in this area. Can anyone enlighten me or explain why there are so many, many houses of worship clustered in a relatively small area, there has to be a reason, the only one that I can come up with is $$$, honest. I would request a reasonably Intelligent answer.

As I speak ground is broken on yet another house of worship on Ridley Rd. which further illustrates the point that I am trying to make. Now is there a need for all of these places ? Apparently there must be or it just be a smart business venture where $$$ is the sole (soul) object.

Hey if individuals feel a need to get cleansed or feel good for awhile Great, I'm all for that.
I think at least part of the reason there are so many houses of worship is because there are so many retired folks here, and we all enjoy going to church. Another reason MAY (I don't know for sure) be that this is part of the bible belt. Folks grew up going to church.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:

I am not being judgmental at all I am just putting pen to paper an observation, that is a common site in this area. Can anyone enlighten me or explain why there are so many, many houses of worship clustered in a relatively small area, there has to be a reason, the only one that I can come up with is $$$, honest. I would request a reasonably Intelligent answer.

As I speak ground is broken on yet another house of worship on Ridley Rd. which further illustrates the point that I am trying to make. Now is there a need for all of these places ? Apparently there must be or it just be a smart business venture where $$$ is the sole (soul) object.

Hey if individuals feel a need to get cleansed or feel good for awhile Great, I'm all for that.
I am glad you care enough to think about the subject and voice your opinion about churches. Jesus turned over the moneychangers tables saying they had made his Father's house a den of thieves. Unless one has discernment of the heart of another person, one would probably be wise to refrain from assumptions as the point of view might well come from one's own state of righteousness before God.

Many of us believe that we have discovered a portal to eternity, connection with our creator and relationship with the King of Kings, Jesus. That is a portal to which intellect alone will not give you access. Those of us who have entered the way can pray for others who have not yet believed.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think at least part of the reason there are so many houses of worship is because there are so many retired folks here, and we all enjoy going to church. Another reason MAY (I don't know for sure) be that this is part of the bible belt. Folks grew up going to church.
I can see where you are coming from with your reply which is very good short to the point and makes sense.

But I still think that the saying Build it and they will come, certainly applies around here. If the person Preaching has a really good delivery, well spoken, gets the people going ...they will " Cough Up " and dig just that much deeper for a few extra $$.

Hey all the more power to them...it is a business after all.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I am glad you care enough to think about the subject and voice your opinion about churches. Jesus turned over the moneychangers tables saying they had made his Father's house a den of thieves. Unless one has discernment of the heart of another person, one would probably be wise to refrain from assumptions as the point of view might well come from one's own state of righteousness before God.

Many of us believe that we have discovered a portal to eternity, connection with our creator and relationship with the King of Kings, Jesus. That is a portal to which intellect alone will not give you access. Those of us who have entered the way can pray for others who have not yet believed.
You didn't answer the question instead went on a preaching rant. That's OK I have my opinion you have yours. Any guess on how long it will take before ground is broken out near Brownwood on this very subject.

Keep in mind now East and West...

My guess well before the end of 2014. In this area it is a very, very lucrative business without a doubt.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I can see where you are coming from with your reply which is very good short to the point and makes sense.

But I still think that the saying Build it and they will come, certainly applies around here. If the person Preaching has a really good delivery, well spoken, gets the people going ...they will " Cough Up " and dig just that much deeper for a few extra $$.

Hey all the more power to them...it is a business after all.

I don't think it is build it and they will come. It is kind of the same thing as a restaurant only different. You have to have the need for a building. You have to have the folks who want the building. There aren't people building buildings for churches and then renting them or selling them or trying to fill them up with "customers".

I grew up going to church. I don't recall any big emphasis on money. Sometimes congregations grow so large that they don't have enough space to sit down, kneel, stand up, do the things people do when they worship, so someone will start a a building fund to build a bigger space. I have observed this happening since we moved here to Fairway Christian, and Hope Lutheran and to St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic communties. I can't help but think that is a good thing, as we grow, more people move here and want to go to church.

We had a bunch of churches where I came from too. Your experience is different than mine. I have never felt that the emphasis was on money in my church experiences. Or that a lot of churches was a bad thing.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't think it is build it and they will come. It is kind of the same thing as a restaurant only different. You have to have the need for a building. You have to have the folks who want the building. There aren't people building buildings for churches and then renting them or selling them or trying to fill them up with "customers".

I grew up going to church. I don't recall any big emphasis on money. Sometimes congregations grow so large that they don't have enough space to sit down, kneel, stand up, do the things people do when they worship, so someone will start a a building fund to build a bigger space. I have observed this happening since we moved here to Fairway Christian, and Hope Lutheran and to St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic communties. I can't help but think that is a good thing, as we grow, more people move here and want to go to church.

We had a bunch of churches where I came from too. Your experience is different than mine. I have never felt that the emphasis was on money in my church experiences. Or that a lot of churches was a bad thing.
Gracie, I first of all am a fan of yours. However Religion at least around here is a " Business " and a very, very, lucrative one as well . That is why there are so many houses of worship as I mentioned.

The preachers, priests, whomever know this why in your wildest dreams do they have so many??? Simply because it's Business, like in anything else it is all down to where the money is.

The Villages has a captured audience religion happens to be a big deal so...bring in the people who are Sharp, Excellent Communication Skills, Get the Flock all Riled Up, Spread The Word, and the Almighty Dollar $$ Just Keeps Rolling IN. The donations come on, where do they live, what is there lifestyle, vehicle (s) that they drive etc. etc.

Now Gracie Like it or Not That is what is going on.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

Gracie, I first of all am a fan of yours. However Religion at least around here is a " Business " and a very, very, lucrative one as well . That is why there are so many houses of worship as I mentioned.

The preachers, priests, whomever know this why in your wildest dreams do they have so many??? Simply because it's Business, like in anything else it is all down to where the money is.

The Villages has a captured audience religion happens to be a big deal so...bring in the people who are Sharp, Excellent Communication Skills, Get the Flock all Riled Up, Spread The Word, and the Almighty Dollar $$ Just Keeps Rolling IN. The donations come on, where do they live, what is there lifestyle, vehicle (s) that they drive etc. etc.

Now Gracie Like it or Not That is what is going on.

So far I see that this is your opinion, which you are entitled to express. However, if you want to convince others, where is the... Proof? Facts?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Location: Caroline, Norwalk OH, Federal Way, WA. Stamford, CT. Tuscarora, PA

jhrc4: Are you a believer? Because if not, it's easy to understand your position. What do you believe?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Default nondenominational church

Grace Tabernacle on Route 468 in Wildwood is by far the most spirit filled church in this area. I have been attending there for almost 5 years and have enjoyed the worship music and teachings by Pastor Gary Washburn.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Sage

Jesus said this, in the Gospel of Matthew:

Matthew 7
Old 03-23-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyC View Post
I am fairly new to the area. I live in the Villages of Parkwood next to Bison Valley off 466. I have had a calling that has given me goose bumps and am searching for a non denominational church near this area to attend.
We are also new to the area, and we've been attending Wildwood Church of Christ on Cleveland Street in Wildwood.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Default Church worth checking out

I recommend you give the following Church a close look....come check it out:

Church @ The Springs
1601 Tracy Ave.
Lady Lake, Florida 32159

Located close to Sam's club, and the Police Station off Route 42/441.

2014 Easter Sunday services are 8:30 A.M and 10 A.M.

Regular worship time, starting the Sunday after Easter (2014) is 10 A.M.

This church has three (3) locations. The main church is in Ocala.

Best wishes on your journey to find where God would have you serve.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to Culvers2Villages

Quote:
I have to say this in all do respect. I in my entire life have never, ever, have seen so many places of Worship in such a small area. Which makes me think of one Big thing $$$$$$$.

There is a wanna be so called wanna be off shoot, Catholic Priest in Belleview, who used to be a Comedian that captures a pretty good following not a lot but a nice decent income, good delivery, and has his flock coming back for more. He calls himself " Father Mark " yeah right!!

Then you have many Mega, Mega , all kinds of religious denominations you name it they are here, big time, some even take Credit Cards. Gold Preferred for obvious reasons.

Now here is the deal....You would think in your wildest, wildest, dreams that with all these places of worship that preach ...well you know what, we would be Living in well " UTOPIA " everybody reaching out, to help everyone smile well sort of like a Mini Heaven. Only in your dreams. I would love to know where on earth there is so many places of worship that even remotely compares with this area. Honestly it is really mind boggling and every place is packed. Big, Big, $$$$$.

Look these people are out for the $$$ they have a captured audience YOU !! Here is this guy in Belleview knew this a very long time ago and went from stand-up comedian to " Hearing The Call " give me a break. There are so many places to give your money $$ to take your pick hey what ever you are comfortable with it's sort of like " Disney " Religion..were here to make you Happy...Just make a " Generous " contribution..10%-15% would be nice but you can always sacrifice a pinch more. God Bless. Credit Cards are accepted but Cash is Preferred.

As for me? I go merrily along saving my $$$ smile and do my best to lead a decent life and most of all listen and giving my time to people who need help, without the Con.

I realize there is a need for places of worship but honestly look around these places are Huge why ??? If they make you feel good Great But in Reality I don't really see it happening. Sadly it's all back to reality less than 5 minutes after services end. But while it was all going on it was making you feel on top of the world. RIGHT. once a week meanwhile Pastor whoever counts the $$$, jumps into his Porsche with his partner gives a High Five and speeds off for a well you name it gourmet whatever.
God Bless You Sir...
I realize that somewhere in the past... you were hurt... very deeply by someone in a place of authority in a Church setting... in order for you to have such disdain for all churches, I imagine that you must have attended many...
And, it is my prayer for you to find forgiveness and possibly complete peace in this matter. Much of what you say is true... There is a lot of fallacy in churches... and that fallacy is because of one reason... HUMANS!!! Humans make every place, event and organization fallible... Sad, but true... Because we are HUMAN...
However, my Daddy was a very humble man, a papermill worker called into ministry at the age of 42 after God miraculously healed him of cancer. He was dying and God stepped in and healed him... even before He saved his soul... How could he not, enter in to tell everyone he met, what God had personally done for him. As a result of that, many, many came to know Jesus Christ as their Savior and began to live for HIM and do the wonderful things that you speak of... Showing kindness, love and help to others. And yes, we did build a big building...using money that they donated to carry on the Ministry, in order to hold those that were coming... many off the streets, others from other churches... Because of one reason... The Presence of God was real when we gathered together to worship our Lord and Savior.
Although there are many whose hearts are not pure before the Lord and are in churches (and every other "good" organization) there are many, who truly have pure hearts and long with everything within them to serve as Jesus served. And yes, that does include giving money... my tithe... Not so the Pastor can buy a new car... but, so that the established church will continue. And, believe it or not... That Pastor is entitled to a salary as well as those others serving in the Church.
No, words could ever begin to tell you about the life of a Pastor, I was a Pastor's daughter, and went on to serve in Ministry as a Music Minister. Unless a person has walked in those shoes, you can never begin to explain the role of a "true Pastor/Shepherd"... then again, if you read the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as follow the works of Jesus, perhaps you can. A Pastor's job is 24 hours a day... there is no private time. There is no planned vacations as many times they are called back to ministry to someone in need who is sick or dying. And they do it all in love and peace knowing this is the journey that God has called them too.
You may choose never to attend an organized church. But, if you should one day, I pray that you find one that is full of the joy of the Lord, full of folks that have a pure heart to follow Christ in everything and everyway. However, even there, you will find those people full of fallacy... because Christians are not perfect... No, Sir, we are just forgiven and we came to a place in our lives where we recognized we were born into a sin nature through Adam and Eve in the garden... And we have need of a Savior. A way back to the Father God's arms... that is through Jesus Christ His Son.
I want to thank you for being a man of integrity, helping those that you can, but, please let me say to you... it is not "works" that will get you into heaven. For Jesus said, the only way to the Father is through Him, Jesus Christ the Son.
So, please do continue your good work, but, I will pray that you will also seek out Jesus the Son of God...
God Bless You Dear Sir...
Connie
(And, if you are ever interested in a church, that is full of loving and compassionate people, I will be happy to recommend one)
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Send a message via AIM to Culvers2Villages

We have been in the Villages for 10 years... We have attended a couple of churches here and found them all to be very loving and wonderful folks...
However, if you are looking for a Spirit-filled Church who truly seeks the Father God's heart through Worship and Preaching/Teaching. Visit Grace Tabernacle in Wildwood on Hwy 468, just a few miles south of Brownwood. gracetab.org

If you are here during Easter, please be sure to come to the most dynamic Easter drama Presentation, "The Passion"... See the website for details..
Old 04-20-2014, 05:00 PM

Try Grace Tabernacle on highway 468 Sundays at 10 a.m. and Wed at 6:30 p.m.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.