Passion and Purpose

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Sage
Default Passion and Purpose

a retreat sponsored by DynamicCatholic.com will be presented on Feb 7, 2015 at St Vincent de Paul church on CR462 in Wildwood. the retreat will run from 9 a.m to 1:30 pm and is presented by Matthew Kelly, with music by Eliot Morris. total cost including all retreat materials is $39. the flyer asks, Are you thriving or just surviving? Are you ready for more energy? A deeper sense of purpose? More joy? A clearer understanding of God's plan for your life? this promises to not be your typical church event.... for tickets call 859-980-7900 or go to the website mentioned above.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Sage

was finally able to purchase my tickets today at the church...over 500 sold but still lots available in our large new church! Matthew is the author of Rediscovering Catholicism, which i hadn't realized as i read and enjoyed that book! Passion and Purpose, don't we all want that?
Old 02-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Sage

this Saturday is the big day for this great presentation and over 700 people are already expected....tickets will be available at the door as the church has a very large capacity. cost of the seminar includes a bag of materials for each participant. hope you decide to come! it is also suggested we bring a bag lunch as it is a long morning.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:31 AM

Please let us know how it went after this Sat
I wanted to go but could not....
Old 02-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Sage

will do!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Sage

i promised to report back about the seminar and for now suffice it to say WOW!!! there was so much food for thought, so much great humor, so much good advice, that i find it overwhelming to write about it...one challenge i intend to pursue is to come to mass with a notebook, pray to find ONE thing that God is trying to tell us through the liturgy, the readings, the music etc and write it down each time. i think you may see a lot of people with notebooks at mass this sunday. one of the many important statements is THE BIG LIE in our culture today is that holiness is impossible...we are challenged to make one holy moment each day (meaning we are acting as the best God wants us to be) and gradually these moments can be multiplied into a "holy life"...we were given a packet of books and journals and we were told that our ticket price is put toward making technologically attractive study aids for confirmation students in order to fire their imaginations and help them appreciate the richness of the faith, and these programs are given free to some of the parishes which cannot afford them. we need to be Dynamic Catholics to breathe a new breath of life into the church worldwide and most importantly into our own souls! it was a lovely, inspiring, laugh-filled day!
ps HE ALSO SAID JESUS WAS A RADICAL WHO TAUGHT US TO PRAY FOR OUR ENEMIES.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.