Pope Francis

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We shall see. As we continually witness our other "leaders", words alone do not make it so��

btk
What, pray tell, could you be talking about? Could it be the inability of parties to work together to form a common leadership. Oh dear, what a unique concept. You really only need to be familiar with three words: YES, NO, and Maybe. The easiest of the three is NO. The others require some flexibility and thought. Let us pray. Amen.

Xavier
Old 09-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I agree. It is about time that the Catholic Church got back to the profound teachings of Jesus Christ rather than the various much more worldly manipulations of the church-state. It seems so much more spiritual while also actually aiming at the type of life Jesus himself tried to live.
I agree also. It IS about time!

The face of the Church and the door to the Church has to be Jesus Christ, NOT mere mortals who make themselves a KGB force whose mission is to form a select group in a hunkered-down enclave of "orthodox", self-righteous people focused on man-made religion and polishing their halos because of their exagerrated piety.

Their proud piety makes them no more acceptable in God's presence than any other slob who believes in Christ and clings to Him for forgiveness and salvation in eternity.

Human pride and false pretenses about it are always a ticket to downward spiral, beginning with Adam and Eve.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

The face of the Church and the door to the Church has to be Jesus Christ, NOT mere mortals who make themselves a KGB force whose mission is to form a select group in a hunkered-down enclave of "orthodox", self-righteous people focused on man-made religion and polishing their halos because of their exagerrated piety.

Their proud piety makes them no more acceptable in God's presence than any other slob who believes in Christ and clings to Him for forgiveness and salvation in eternity.

Human pride and false pretenses about it are always a ticket to downward spiral, beginning with Adam and Eve.
Yikes! You shouldn't hold-back like that - let it out woman. Let it all out. You'll feel so much better.

Xavier

Last edited by Xavier; 09-20-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Change of gender! Thanks Gracie
Old 09-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Yikes! You shouldn't hold-back like that - let it out man. Let it all out. You'll feel so much better.

Xavier
Um...she's a girl.

and if you don't stop bickering, I'm tellin' sister.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

Amen, sister sinner, I too confess pride and arrogance and judging people.
Kitty, "slob who believes in Christ and clings to Him for forgiveness and salvation in eternity."
ps God bless the Pope for carefully expressing love for sinners. I think he knows he's one of us; he's only human.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Um...she's a girl.

and if you don't stop bickering, I'm tellin' sister.
...change of gender noted in previous post. Please don't tell on me, Gracie.

Xavier
Old 09-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Yikes! You shouldn't hold-back like that - let it out woman. Let it all out. You'll feel so much better.

Xavier
Yikes?

Christ's Passion has evoked passionate responses for thousands of years.

Thank goodness the pope is not dispassionate.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Amen, sister sinner, I too confess pride and arrogance and judging people.
Kitty, "slob who believes in Christ and clings to Him for forgiveness and salvation in eternity."
ps God bless the Pope for carefully expressing love for sinners. I think he knows he's one of us; he's only human.
Yes. Amazing Grace.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Sage

i don't think any popes recently have implied that they were not sinners...Pope Francis is getting to the heart of what Christianity requires, love for ALL of our fellow human beings. this does not imply that he thinks abortion or same-sex marriage is desirable or biblical, he just wisely wants us to focus on loving one another. i love the part about asking a wounded man on a battlefield if his sugar is high! there is so much more to every person than their sins. please find something to love about me and i will try to do the same for everyone else.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i don't think any popes recently have implied that they were not sinners...Pope Francis is getting to the heart of what Christianity requires, love for ALL of our fellow human beings. this does not imply that he thinks abortion or same-sex marriage is desirable or biblical, he just wisely wants us to focus on loving one another. i love the part about asking a wounded man on a battlefield if his sugar is high! there is so much more to every person than their sins. please find something to love about me and i will try to do the same for everyone else.

THAT is easy, Cha!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Please Lord give me mercy, justice will fall way short in my case.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
the most accurate post on the subject to date!!

btk
Old 09-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
I love the kindness you show everyone. You have a spirit of knowledge and grace that always makes me feel good.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Email Reported As Spam

In my view the Pope took the politically correct path and it is exactly why society will never have the serious conversation it needs on these complex issues. I mean who is going to argue with "Jesus loves us all" On the other hand the bible explains the genesis of sodomy So who you gonna believe?

M prediction is if this Pope continues down the same path may well create a second Reformation
Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Raised

One time a member of the church where my father was a preacher asked our mother why she was a member of our denomination and religion and my mother said "because I was raised that way". I think that speaks a thousand. We are all raised in a religion and in 99.999% of the cases that is what we follow for our lives. In some cases people don't actually know why they are different from another denomination. We should all respect the other person's religion and remember to follow the golden rule.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.