Any Mormons on TOTV who are willing to talk about their religion?

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Any Mormons on TOTV who are willing to talk about their religion?

Back in 1982, I went to BYU Law School for about 10 days on a Merit Scholarship. Part of what attracted to me to the school--along with the beauty of the mountains just east of Provo, Utah-- was the opportunity to learn about another religion, or, at least, church of a religion.

Anyone have explanations about what it is to be a Mormon? What kind of beliefs do you have along with the divinity of Christ?

Would be interested to hear a first person account of what the Mormon Church is like.

I Minored in Religious Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno while getting my two B.A.s in Philosophy and History (1980/1981). I do have a serious interest in religion and spirituality.

Our Values | Mormon.org
Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 PM

I am a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS (Mormon). Go to
Mormon.org | Beliefs and People of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first. Its the church site for those who want to know more about our church. Its a Great Site. Also if you have any specific questions or want to know more about our church I can help. If you went to BYU in Provo, Utah you may have visited Salt Lake City and temple square.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
I am a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS (Mormon). Go to
Mormon.org | Beliefs and People of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first. Its the church site for those who want to know more about our church. Its a Great Site. Also if you have any specific questions or want to know more about our church I can help. If you went to BYU in Provo, Utah you may have visited Salt Lake City and temple square.
Thanks, I drove around various sites in Salt Lake City in 1982 and 1983. Very pretty city.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:49 PM

on that Mormon.org | Beliefs and People of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is the 13 articles of faith which tells you what our beliefs are.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:37 PM

Hi marlene and arnie in the village of lynnhaven
we are of jewish background and believers in Christ for over 30 years now.
we also lived in salt lake city utah for about 9 years or so. arnie worked for the us post office there for a while. the mormons are great great people. they dont argue about religion and if they disagree they do it very respectfully and lovingly. i do not agree with all the theology but in my humble opinion the folks are very christ like individuals. there are two folks over at the urgent care center...near bonefish grill...one is a nurse...and both of them. are mormons. i believe there is a ward(mormon church) in belleview a small one. their ideas are interesting...and it is not just the bible that they go by...but other writings as well. again to reiterate i do not agree with all the theology but the people are worthy to be loved and were very kind hearted to my family when we lived in utah all those years. thanks for reading this. take care.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.