Traditional Protestant Church Service

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Default Traditional Protestant Church Service

[SIZE="4"]Looking for traditional Protestant Church in The Villages. No bands/drums. Not interested in a church that does both traditional and contemporary services.

Does anyone know of one?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:44 PM

United Church of Christ at the Villages on CR102. Service starts at 9:50am. Friendliest congregation in the area.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:20 PM

Open Bible Lutheran Church out by new Walmart off of 466
Old 01-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am not Protestant but I know wonderful people who attend Fairway Christian, and The Methodist and Lutheran churches on 466, and also the Presbyterian church in back of Home Depot. The reason that I call them wonderful is that they each seem to reflect many kind and loving qualities that most people think of when they think of a good Christian.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-29-2015 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:46 PM

I attend at the little white chapel on the historic side of The Villages. It's next door to Paradise Rec Center. I wanted a church pastored by an alumnus of Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS) because the best church I ever attended in my life, in Houston, TX, was led by a DTS graduate. I wanted good, sound biblical teaching, more than I wanted smooth-spoken preaching. I happily get both at the Chapel, but the teaching is most essential to me.

I'm learning and growing there. I take notes during the sermons and find I'm able to use what I learn on Sunday throughout the rest of the week. The formal name of the church is The Chapel of Christian Faith.

Home Page
Old 01-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Gold member

When Mom and I visit TV, we attend the Village of Faith Baptist Church. I love their Gaither style music! It is also a very friendly church. The church is in Wildwood on CR 127 not far from the Pinellas Shopping Center
Old 01-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Don't know why you would not consider a church that has both kinds of services, as long as they are separate.

New Covenant United Methodist has both services, in different rooms. We attend the traditional only when we are in TV and it will be our home church when we are full time Villagers later this year.

Our church in Georgia has both types of services, but they combine them into one service once every quarter. I hate those Sundays.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

I really enjoy going to First Baptist Church At The Villages. Very friendly, great choir/music and Pastor Bob Perry is excellent in his teachings.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

I attend New Covenant United Methodist church on 101. It had a contemporary service for a short time, but recently dropped it. They have 4 services, one Saturday evening and 3 on Sunday mornings. Our lead pastor, Harold, is what I call a walker & talker. He is one of the best pastors I have ever heard. They are very traditional services with an excellent choir. It also has a remarkable Tuesday morning men's breakfast which I find additionally fulfilling. There are many small groups and the church offers a variety of disciple classes for those of us who want to learn and study more about the Christian walk.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:58 AM

First Presbyterian of Wildwood is a small (<200 member) established church in the center of Wildwood which has only a very traditional worship service at 10:30 Sunday mornings.

Website is First Presbyterian Church of Wildwood Florida - Wildwood Florida
Old 01-29-2015, 04:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I second First Presbyterian on Wildwood.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20rls View Post
[SIZE="4"]Looking for traditional Protestant Church in The Villages. No bands/drums. Not interested in a church that does both traditional and contemporary services.

Does anyone know of one?
Try Faith Presbyterian Church on Hwy 301 just north or Rainey Trail. It's part of the ARP a traditional reform church. No band, sing hymns, traditional style worship.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
I attend New Covenant United Methodist church on 101. It had a contemporary service for a short time, but recently dropped it. They have 4 services, one Saturday evening and 3 on Sunday mornings. Our lead pastor, Harold, is what I call a walker & talker. He is one of the best pastors I have ever heard. They are very traditional services with an excellent choir. It also has a remarkable Tuesday morning men's breakfast which I find additionally fulfilling. There are many small groups and the church offers a variety of disciple classes for those of us who want to learn and study more about the Christian walk.
When we moved here, we did some church shopping. When we went to New Covenant, we knew we were home. It is everything you said.
Tampa, FL
Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Default Traditional church

Faith Presbyterian Church on Hwy 301 north of Rainey Trail. No band, choir, preaching from the Bible, makes you feel like the church you went to when you were young. We sing the hymns you grew up with a child. Sunday School at 9:45, church at 11:00 AM. Hope to see you there one Sunday.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim View Post
Faith Presbyterian Church on Hwy 301 north of Rainey Trail. No band, choir, preaching from the Bible, makes you feel like the church you went to when you were young. We sing the hymns you grew up with a child. Sunday School at 9:45, church at 11:00 AM. Hope to see you there one Sunday.
Is there a choir, or no choir?

As for the different Presbyterian churches (smaller than the one behind Home Depot), can anyone say if one is traditional in its services and yet accepting of all types of people? (gay, lesbian, conservative & liberal, any race or nationality, etc.)

Not trying to start anything... just asking for my own use.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.