What religions are people in the Villages?

View Poll Results: Poll about what religion people are in TV
Catholic 33 33.67%
Protestant 27 27.55%
Muslim 3 3.06%
Jewish 8 8.16%
Mormon 2 2.04%
Buddhist 1 1.02%
Hindu 1 1.02%
Atheist 2 2.04%
Agnostic 5 5.10%
Deist 1 1.02%
Wiccan 4 4.08%
Scientologist 1 1.02%
other 10 10.20%
Pantheist 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: What religions are people in the Villages?

There are over 600 topic views and about 40 votes counted on this poll. Is it so difficult to vote on this poll or other polls?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
T, thanks. I presume that you may be referring to PTSD and the subsequent effect of biochemical changes on neuroanatomy with concurrent influences on long-term emotional memory. A pet project of mine (long ago) focused on studying how moderate stressors effect cortisol/norephinephrine ratios in blood plasma and correlated to disturbances in individual circadian rhythyms, inter alia.

I'm curious about the legal aspect to which you allude. Feel free to email me as we have strayed way off topic.
I am not sure what the 1992-1993 UCSF study was actual on as to which chemicals were being tested. From the papers I got from the study, it looks like they were measuring white blood cells -- CD4 (helper/inducer) T cells, CD8 (suppressor/cytotoxic) T cells, b cells, NK cells-- in my blood. The study was by Dr. Frances Cohen, Dr. Margaret Kemeny, Dr. Leonard Zegans, Dr. Kathleen Kearney, and Wendy Berland.

The thrust of the study seems to be how well NK cells were functioning???

If you can use WESTLAW, the cases involving the conspirators and stuff should come up if you use the search term Michelle Mitchell.

I threw away the Reno newspaper articles and my various copies of these cases a long time ago.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Veteran member

Interesting. NK cells are usually associated with cytokines and immune response to microbial insults i.e. spec. viral infections. There is a lot of research going on with regard to the elevation of specific cytokines and the abatement of autism in children during febrile episodes. There appears to be a nexus. But, I don't see the nexus between cytokine production, NK cell activation and the disorders experienced by victims of crime vis-a-vis PTSD. My daughter did her doctoral dissertation on the crystallization and characterization of the molecular structure of specific cytokine protein structures. I might touch base with her next time we speak.

Weird talk for a poll on religion.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Interesting. NK cells are usually associated with cytokines and immune response to microbial insults i.e. spec. viral infections. There is a lot of research going on with regard to the elevation of specific cytokines and the abatement of autism in children during febrile episodes. There appears to be a nexus. But, I don't see the nexus between cytokine production, NK cell activation and the disorders experienced by victims of crime vis-a-vis PTSD. My daughter did her doctoral dissertation on the crystallization and characterization of the molecular structure of specific cytokine protein structures. I might touch base with her next time we speak.

Weird talk for a poll on religion.
I was just one of what I gather many subjects. I was subject 613 out of probably thousands or so of people in this USCF Medical School study. At the time, the study had nothing to do with victims of crime just on stress levels and such on the unemployed. They could have become unemployed for any number of reasons.

I used 6 1 3 just to note that a researcher at UCSF Medical School had told me that I had had a good cause in my correspondence-- then snail mail-- with many victims organizations I was writing from a list of 8000 or so such groups who were in the 1991 Directory of Victim Assistance Programs and Resources put out by the National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA). Some of these were church affiliated as it seems that in the early days of the victim rights movement-- churches and other religious organizations were the only place that survivors of crimes could turn. Of course, in this snail mail I also used 2 2 4 because I had been checking libraries from February 1976 onward off and on looking for materials that would help survivors and victims of crime. Did not find much of anything actually until I ordered the 1991 NOVA Directory of Victim Assistance Programs and Resources. I checked a lot of libraries for this NOVA resource but very few libraries in 1992 and later had this resource.

There is a very important religious angle to this mainly because I had been trying to get these religious organizations involved with persuading libraries to meet the needs of people affected by crime. These were religious organizations of many faiths-- Jewish, Catholic, Baptist, Mormon, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist, etc.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
There are over 600 topic views and about 40 votes counted on this poll. Is it so difficult to vote on this poll or other polls?
Johnz, there have now been 763 topic views and only 36 votes. I wonder why people are viewing and not voting?? :dontknow:
Oh I know ..... 500 of the views were from me checking back to see if more Wiccans had voted.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.