Any old Musicians like Me???

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM

For all interested the next gathering will be Saturday 5/18 3 pm til 6pm at the Captiva rec Center in Sanabel All are welcome to come by play sing and or listen. We had a great time at the last gathering and we are currently awaiting a permanent site from the rec department where we will meet 2 Saturdays a month. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and any new folks who wish to attend....
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
Looking for any old closet musicians who have played with local and or garage bands in the past.. who are looking to knock some of the rust off and just have some fun playing again.. All players are needed..Guitar.. Drums .. Bass,, Keys.. Horns.. Vocal.. If there is interest in playing 50's thru 80's let me know and I'll set up a rec center to get together. I personally am not in it for the money but I have lived here for 4 years and really have the itch to play again. If interested please respond to the thread.
Thanks and lets have some fun...
We will be moving to TV soon. My husband is an old guitar player and ready to get started playing again. Played in a band in high school. Let me know where and when you will be getting together. He would love to get involved.

Jan & Jerry
Old 05-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb9006 View Post
I'm looking for a "rock" club. Something that plays something other than country. Three chords is fine as long as it's rock three chords. This sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm not very good, I mostly just play along.

Boogie jr, I've been to your Beatlemaniacs club, I'm looking for something simpler to play. Anyone have a list of songs to be played?

Not sure I can make it this Saturday, this is my first time here at TOTV so it's short notice. But I'd love to come to the next one...if there is a next one. What is everyone bringing? Amps? Effects pedals? It's going to be a noisy place!
You can always go to the acoustic guitar club on Thursday mornings at Paradise. It does tend to be very heavily country influenced but you can bring some simple chord sheets of whatever songs you want to do. When it comes your turn just pass them out. I've done several rock songs there. If you want to get together on some rock songs and do them as a duet I would be interested in doing that.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
For all interested the next gathering will be Saturday 5/18 3 pm til 6pm at the Captiva rec Center in Sanabel All are welcome to come by play sing and or listen. We had a great time at the last gathering and we are currently awaiting a permanent site from the rec department where we will meet 2 Saturdays a month. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and any new folks who wish to attend....
Sounds interesting! What's the format? Will there be chord or lead sheets?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 PM

Well the first format was...Lets have fun.. play easy stuff (3 or 4 chord progressions) and just get the rust off.. That is still the basic format.. for now it's still evolving..
Lets get folks who haven't played in a while a chance to play..to meet other musicians in the area and to "knock some rust off " so to speak.. The last time we played at Bradenton in April we had some great folks there and we had a good time and it was fun to play again. I've lived here for almost 4 years and I finally broke the keys out again and I had a blast although rusty. That is the purpose of this get together.. everyone can come out and play. At the last gathering we just went with the flow. so to speak and let everyone do what they do best musically. This time though(and I hate to make rules) it will be a little easier if you have a song that you want to play please bring a few chord sheets for the song. Chordie.com is usually a good reference.
So please .. Show up .. bring your wives or siginifigant others.. and what you want to wet your whistle with.. and lets knock that rust off together for a few hours. BTW we have the room for 3 hours which between set up and knock down leaves us about 2hrs to play so the closer to 3 that you can get there the better... Thanks... Dan
Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Default Chordie.com

Quote:
Well the first format was...Lets have fun.. play easy stuff (3 or 4 chord progressions) and just get the rust off.. That is still the basic format.. for now it's still evolving..
Lets get folks who haven't played in a while a chance to play..to meet other musicians in the area and to "knock some rust off " so to speak.. The last time we played at Bradenton in April we had some great folks there and we had a good time and it was fun to play again. I've lived here for almost 4 years and I finally broke the keys out again and I had a blast although rusty. That is the purpose of this get together.. everyone can come out and play. At the last gathering we just went with the flow. so to speak and let everyone do what they do best musically. This time though(and I hate to make rules) it will be a little easier if you have a song that you want to play please bring a few chord sheets for the song. Chordie.com is usually a good reference.
So please .. Show up .. bring your wives or siginifigant others.. and what you want to wet your whistle with.. and lets knock that rust off together for a few hours. BTW we have the room for 3 hours which between set up and knock down leaves us about 2hrs to play so the closer to 3 that you can get there the better... Thanks... Dan
I love TOTV. I am always learning new things from the fantastic members on it.
Dan, THANKS SO MUCH. I just went to this site, picked up my old guitar and played for two hours, all off of the site. By the way, I only know a few chords and have not played in YEARS, but had a ball. Wish I was up there to join you all. Have a great time.
Ira
Old 05-14-2013, 04:08 AM
Platinum member

With all this music talk I am so tempted to pick up an inexpensive keyboard and try to get my fingers in shape. I played for six months and haven't touched the instrument in over 40 years and when I did play I wasn't very good. I'd try a guitar but with a broken pinkie finger and left hand that is permanently bent at a 90 degree angle, it might be hard to play anything too complicated.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Are you still meeting? Interested in joining. Here now for month but will be moving down in Oct.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:55 PM

Is this club dead?
Old 10-14-2013, 10:17 AM

The club is still meeting on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month at Bradenton Rec center from 3 to 6 pm. We'll be there this Sat the 19th.. Stop on by
Old 11-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Looking for any old closet musicians who have played with local and or garage bands in the past.. who are looking to knock some of the rust off and just have some fun playing again.. All players are needed..Guitar.. Drums .. Bass,, Keys.. Horns.. Vocal.. If there is interest in playing 50's thru 80's let me know and I'll set up a rec center to get together. I personally am not in it for the money but I have lived here for 4 years and really have the itch to play again. If interested please respond to the thread.
Thanks and lets have some fun...
I am interested I have not played in sometime, I would like to give it a try
email is.----- donreed0815@gmail.com
Old 11-07-2013, 08:27 PM

I am interested, I have not played in some time, email is donreed815@gmail.com
Old 11-08-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggs123 View Post
I am interested, I have not played in some time, email is donreed815@gmail.com
Next get together is Sat 11/16 at 3 pm at the bradenton rec center..You are more than welcome to stop on by and have some fun...
Old 11-28-2013, 11:19 AM

Is this string still active?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.