Any old Musicians like Me???

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Default Any old Musicians like Me???

Looking for any old closet musicians who have played with local and or garage bands in the past.. who are looking to knock some of the rust off and just have some fun playing again.. All players are needed..Guitar.. Drums .. Bass,, Keys.. Horns.. Vocal.. If there is interest in playing 50's thru 80's let me know and I'll set up a rec center to get together. I personally am not in it for the money but I have lived here for 4 years and really have the itch to play again. If interested please respond to the thread.
Thanks and lets have some fun...
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Gold member

As soon as I move up there I will join you - Drums !!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Sage

If you do it on a Saturday or Sunday, count me in. I work out of town Monday through Friday.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

What do you play, Sanibel7?

I'm always looking for people to play with. I run the Beatlemaniacs club attend a few guitar clubs and play in a band with DougB, but we only rehearse once a week.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM

Trumpet - Cornet - Flugelhorn. Perform locally and always interested in meeting with new talent (and old talent) to see what develops.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:30 PM

Great to see there is some interest..I play keys and sing but am more than likely a bit rusty so all keyboard players are also welcome. I currently work full time also so the weekends are the only time that I would be available. I'll try to get a rec center for an upcoming weekend soon. Pm me and we can get an e-mail list together. Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone soon.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:18 PM

Sounds interesting. Guitar player and some vocals but haven't played in many years. Stil have a guitar but only a small practice amp. Still running a business but time is flexible. Let me know if that sounds like a fit. Dave at dkysar@salconinc.com.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM

If anyone is still following this I have booked the Bradenton Rec Center (the card room) for Sat. 4/20 from 3:30 to 6 pm to get together. I'll have keyboards there for anyone who wants to partake in playing them I also have a really really crappy pa (it is actually my keyboard pabut it may suffice) for vocals plus 4 mics 2 stands. Heck what can I say I really didn't count on playing again so I got rid of the studio before I moved here.. So bring what you need and lets just have some really good old style fun.
Remember This is not a club.and just a get together so EVERYONE is welcome to attend no matter how you play.
All who are interested please send me a private message with your e-mail address
Thanks
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM

Seeing as how my other band members replied, I may as well jump in the pool. I am a former drummer and currently a lead singer. I thought I was going to be busy with our new band, but I guess I'm free on weekends as well. I'll put April 20th on my calendar.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM

I'm looking for a "rock" club. Something that plays something other than country. Three chords is fine as long as it's rock three chords. This sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm not very good, I mostly just play along.

Boogie jr, I've been to your Beatlemaniacs club, I'm looking for something simpler to play. Anyone have a list of songs to be played?

Not sure I can make it this Saturday, this is my first time here at TOTV so it's short notice. But I'd love to come to the next one...if there is a next one. What is everyone bringing? Amps? Effects pedals? It's going to be a noisy place!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
Looking for any old closet musicians who have played with local and or garage bands in the past.. who are looking to knock some of the rust off and just have some fun playing again.. All players are needed..Guitar.. Drums .. Bass,, Keys.. Horns.. Vocal.. If there is interest in playing 50's thru 80's let me know and I'll set up a rec center to get together. I personally am not in it for the money but I have lived here for 4 years and really have the itch to play again. If interested please respond to the thread.
Thanks and lets have some fun...
I would be interested. I am a trumpet player in town. always looking to have more fun.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Dave and all stop on by Saturday looking forward to meeting everyone Dan
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 AM

Are we going to do it again?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb9006 View Post
Are we going to do it again?
Yes ... I had a great time and thanks to all who came out and played. I'll let everyone when and where I get the next room and I'll try to get this set up for every 2 weeks or so and it will be on the weekends. I'll place a post here and also e=mail all who came.. Once again Thanks and looking forward to next time...
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Pepe

Been singing at Karaoke for the most part recently. Used to be the lead singer in a band called Manhattan Heights. Let me know if I should come to the next gathering. I missed the 20th.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.