Beginner Guitar glasses or clubs

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Default Beginner Guitar glasses or clubs

I am interested in joining a guitar group , class or club. I have been playing since I was young but not the most proficient player. I used to read music but have not done any of that in 30 years. Just wondering what classes I should look into to ? I play mostly acoustic. I would appreciate any input

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Default Guitar

Just wondering if anyone has any information on the guitar groups that I mentioned above, please let me know
Old 10-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

You're more than welcome to attend meetings of The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages and sit in with your acoustic guitar.

Players of all levels are welcome. We use a book called The Complete Beatles Chord Songbook. all the songs are done in the original keys. You can play the chords that you know and have the opportunity to learn the ones you don't know.

There are usually 20-40 people playing including electric guitars, bass, drums and keyboards. So the people that sit in the back with their acoustic guitars really can't be heard. I promise you won't be embarrassed.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
guitar, wondering, years, jeff, classes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.