Bourbon Collectors??

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
With all of the problems with drinking in the villages and the numerous Al Non meetings for the families of drunks that have brought troubles to their families we are advertising for a club to organize a group to add more drunks to the list. It is one thing to decide to drink but to try to extend the family of drunks just begs the question. Some may want to just attend, (there are lists of when they meet) an al non meeting and hear the terrible family life of these people and then decide to set up an organized group to extend the harm to the families.
Sounds like a club for social drinking. Not to worry.

social drinker
noun
a person who drinks alcoholic beverages usually in the company of others and is in control of his or her drinking

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
With all of the problems with drinking in the villages and the numerous Al Non meetings for the families of drunks that have brought troubles to their families we are advertising for a club to organize a group to add more drunks to the list. It is one thing to decide to drink but to try to extend the family of drunks just begs the question. Some may want to just attend, (there are lists of when they meet) an al non meeting and hear the terrible family life of these people and then decide to set up an organized group to extend the harm to the families.
I am trying to find the right words to respond to this thoughtless post, but he/she must be an extremely righteous person to impose his/her pious values on people she knows nothing about, and more so to allege all people associated with this post "will extend the family of drunks" is absolutely uncalled for. If you knew about the BOURBON mentioned in this post....this is sipping bourbon and can be quite expensive...you do not indulge heavily in this stuff. It is to be savored. As Chi Town said it would be a social group much different than most neighborhood wine tastings or community events where people BYOB. I fully recognize that Al Non serves a good purpose, but you should not try to "save everyone" from virtues or vices (perfectly legal and that responsible people enjoy) but they simply do not conform with your ideologies..
Old 05-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Amen.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:38 PM

Jefferson;s Ocean $99-$120
Old 05-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Are you personally involved in the numerous AA meetings. Those attending are certainly not spending $100 and up for just a shot of bourbon

Our youngest belonged to a bourbon club. Once a month they meet, discuss, and savor a rare blend. Buy in for the club is $1000. He is in Louisville, when he comes down OP I will ask if he would share some of his tasting notes.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
I have been sober for more than 28 years and this may very well be the most ridiculous statement I have ever read.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Here is a nice list of bourbon reviews
Breaking Bourbon - Reviews Sorted by Rating
Old 05-09-2018, 05:00 PM

" The Temperance League " post aside, whoever might have posted same, no doubt had reason to do so, but it is terribly unfair to most of us, can we expand the club to include top of the line rye drinkers ? Obviously, we also have to discriminate, so let's keep the single malt Scotch drinkers out. Just trying to lighten the mood folks, no harm intended.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
"The Temperance League" post aside, whoever might have posted same, no doubt had reason to do so, but it is terribly unfair to most of us, can we expand the club to include top of the line rye drinkers ? Obviously, we also have to discriminate, so let's keep the single malt Scotch drinkers out. Just trying to lighten the mood folks, no harm intended.
LMAO at the "Temperance League" reference.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
So far my tastes have taken me to Bullet, Woodruff Reserve, Russells Reserve, Makers Mark and Jim Beam.

I hear that 4 Roses Small Batch Bourbon is something I should try....has anyone indulged??

Love to try Pappy!
I like your choices. Bulleit is my favorite. The 4 Roses Small Batch is excellent. Much better than the 4R Yellow. Of course, it costs more
Old 05-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
" The Temperance League " post aside, whoever might have posted same, no doubt had reason to do so, but it is terribly unfair to most of us, can we expand the club to include top of the line rye drinkers ? Obviously, we also have to discriminate, so let's keep the single malt Scotch drinkers out. Just trying to lighten the mood folks, no harm intended.
Love it!!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
How about the Everclear aficionados? May we apply?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
For me at least, you need to EXPLAIN yourself!!
Old 05-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
We use Everclear in the fall up north to mix with crushed apples and some cinnamon and nutmeg and let it age in mason jars. After a few months we filter it and the result is the most awesome "apple pie" sipping drink. Everclear on its own is hard to take, as almost pure grain alcohol is kind of nasty, unless you need something to start a fire with. LOL

Old 05-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
For me at least, you need to EXPLAIN yourself!!

Everclear (alcohol - Wikipedia)

Quote:
Everclear is a brand name of rectified spirit (also known as grain alcohol and neutral spirit) produced by the American company Luxco (formerly known as the David Sherman Corporation).

It is made from grain[1] and is bottled at 151 and 190 U.S. proof (75.5% and 95% alcohol by volume).[2]

Due to its market prevalence and high alcohol content, the product has become iconic, with a "notorious reputation" in popular culture.[3]

Sale of the 190-proof variation is prohibited in some states.
Closed Thread

Tags
bourbon, collectors, learn, high, bourbons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.