Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Are you trying to be smug?
If that’s the way you see it.
Old 11-19-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC0119 View Post
I'm also moving soon to the south end of TV. I love bowling and currently on a league. How far is it to bowl if you live on n the south end.
55 minutes by golf cart, 25 minutes by car from St Cathrines
Old 11-19-2022, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David114 View Post
Curious for those who do not like Leesburg’s bowling center, what they dislike and what is annoying so far about the new ownership of Spanish Springs & Fiesta Lanes
Every time I went to Leesburg the lanes were so dry, that all I could do was hit the 7 pin, had to make major changes to get close to the pocket. I see the same thing happening to Spanish Springs, on some days I am over 10 boards left of my normal release. Oiling seems to be inconsistent, the intercom system does not work, so if there is a problem on the lanes, YOU NEED TO WALK TO THE DESK and report it!!! Prices were raised on everything. Also, if you have changes in your league, you have to walk up to the desk to have changes made.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the update. Currently bowling only one league at SS but like many others, was disappointed by the sale. I experienced several Bowlero takeovers in the Northeast, hoping these go better than those, keeping fingers crossed. Haven’t been in AMF Leesburg in a couple of years, need to bowl some there and check it out
Old 11-20-2022, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I’m in if it’s candlepin.
they don’t know what your talking about, I loved candlepins
Old 11-20-2022, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Now that I bought in Richmond - I’m not optimistic about joining a league as much as I love bowling - Spanish Springs is just a tad too far to drive for a weekly league, and I don’t like the lanes in Leesburg at all. Until the developer builds a bowling facility on the south end of TV, I think I will just take up bocce ball instead. And in the summer time, when it’s hot, I will occasionally drive up to Spanish Springs and bowl during the non-league “open” times by myself.
Once a week is to far to drive for something you enjoy? I drive at least 5 days a week to gym in Leesburg and I’m 83, live a little expand your horizons .
Old 11-20-2022, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
they don’t know what your talking about, I loved candlepins
Unless one is from New England or Maritime Canada they probably have never heard of Candlepin Bowling. It’s what I grew up with and IMHO it’s way more fun than 10 pin. Unfortunately, it’s a dying sport. A friend of mine owns a candlepin alley in Southampton, MA (he wants to retire so it’s for sale) and the company that makes the ball return and pin re-racking machinery has gone out of business. My friend is very handy and had to reverse engineer all of the components of the system that wear out over time and fabricate the new parts himself to keep the operation running. It has become so much work and expensive that the fees charged for bowling are barley breaking even. Without the profit from alcohol sales he would have closed up the business several years ago.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Unless one is from New England or Maritime Canada they probably have never heard of Candlepin Bowling. It’s what I grew up with and IMHO it’s way more fun than 10 pin. Unfortunately, it’s a dying sport. A friend of mine owns a candlepin alley in Southampton, MA (he wants to retire so it’s for sale) and the company that makes the ball return and pin re-racking machinery has gone out of business. My friend is very handy and had to reverse engineer all of the components of the system that wear out over time and fabricate the new parts himself to keep the operation running. It has become so much work and expensive that the fees charged for bowling are barley breaking even. Without the profit from alcohol sales he would have closed up the business several years ago.
we lost another one while home this summer, putting a condo up , the guy hung in for as long as he could, I went and bowled a few strings , and the memories came swirling back of fun leagues and date nights , and who can forget how popular the candlepins for cash tv show was ,the Red Sox and candlepins my earliest sports memories of time with my dad
Old 11-20-2022, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
and who can forget how popular the candlepins for cash tv show was ,the Red Sox and candlepins my earliest sports memories of time with my dad
Watched the same with my dad as well, along with roller derby. And of course, we watched a lot of Three Stooges together as well, but only the episodes with Curly : )
Old 02-15-2023, 04:28 PM

When does it start?
Old 02-15-2023, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelathams@comcast.net View Post
When does it start?

Tags
league, fun, lanes, bowling, avg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.