Club Costs?

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2022, 02:27 PM

There is no fee at all to belong to the Track and Field club. The Mini club charges $10/yr. The clubs are resident run so fees, if any, will vary. There would be no fee from The Villages.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:19 AM

For a good overview on golf with a ton of pointers and links to other official pages, go first to:

Golf - The Villages 101
Old 12-25-2022, 09:57 AM

Depends on the club, but any club will only charge a small fee to cover operating costs. For example, Sunday morning indoor basketball is $15 annually.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Think your talking about social clubs and dues are about $ 10 pp per year. Some more and some less. Additional charges to cover food and entertainment at meetings.

We have joined quite a few clubs so guess we pay about $ 200 per year in dues

Yeah that makes sense then. I'd imagine they don't have to pay for villages rec center rooms if they use them, that's probably part of the monthly villages fees? Also wondering if it's acceptable to go to a meeting or two before we join just to make sure it's going to work for us, or is it usually expected to join right away?
Old 12-26-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What do you mean “clubs”?

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
Old 12-26-2022, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopat View Post
Yeah that makes sense then. I'd imagine they don't have to pay for villages rec center rooms if they use them, that's probably part of the monthly villages fees? Also wondering if it's acceptable to go to a meeting or two before we join just to make sure it's going to work for us, or is it usually expected to join right away?
Different clubs have different policies but just about all the ones we have paid to join make you pay to go to a meeting.''

Before we go to a meeting have conversation with whoever runs the club and learn enough to decide if we want to invest a trivial sum in a years membership.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:30 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Executive courses require trail fee….ONLY…..if using a cart.
It's a good thing you did by clarifying that. Some on here seem very confused about "trail fees", and may get the idea that you must pay a "trail fee" to use any golf cart path, not just the cart paths ON the courses. I have known many people who moved in and thought they had to pay a "trail fee" to use their golf carts on the cart paths just to go to the store or to the squares, even though neither of them were golfers !

Same confusion about "country clubs", it's hard for new people to take it all in correctly, that regardless if you purchase a "priority" membership or not, everyone STILL pays to play on championship courses, it's just a matter of HOW MUCH.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
It's a good thing you did by clarifying that. Some on here seem very confused about "trail fees", and may get the idea that you must pay a "trail fee" to use any golf cart path, not just the cart paths ON the courses. I have known many people who moved in and thought they had to pay a "trail fee" to use their golf carts on the cart paths just to go to the store or to the squares, even though neither of them were golfers !

Same confusion about "country clubs", it's hard for new people to take it all in correctly, that regardless if you purchase a "priority" membership or not, everyone STILL pays to play on championship courses, it's just a matter of HOW MUCH.
I think part of the problem is posters using the incorrect term for certain things....... you don't take a cart path to the store. These paths are "Multi-Modal Paths". Cart paths are on golf courses.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:16 AM

Hundreds if not Thousands of clubs. I wasn't able to find a club for what I like Scale Modeling, so I started one. The cost to me $0. We've been meeting since April of last year and have to pay nothing. We are expanding to two nights a month, again no cost. We do have rules we have to follow from TV, some make sense, some not so much but they get to make the rules... For many other clubs I've run like this back home we would charge dues because we had to pay rent or a fee for the space. If we seek a national affiliation that has fee's and unless someone else is willing to cover that cost, you will have to charge dues. Sometimes you have activities you want to do and need supplies, those cost are either donated, come out of your dues or can be a fee paid.

If a club collects dues, fees or even donations, the club typically needs to have someone tracking the ins and outs of the money and you maybe required to show that to TV. At our clubs back home we had vendors that were part of the club and would bring in a few items for sale. This is frowned upon in TV. You can do a swap meet or cookie exchange, but if there is commerce being conducted in the club TV usually wants a cut.

Just what I've learned since I've been here and started a club...
Old 12-27-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
Hundreds if not Thousands of clubs. I wasn't able to find a club for what I like Scale Modeling, so I started one. The cost to me $0. We've been meeting since April of last year and have to pay nothing. We are expanding to two nights a month, again no cost. We do have rules we have to follow from TV, some make sense, some not so much but they get to make the rules... For many other clubs I've run like this back home we would charge dues because we had to pay rent or a fee for the space. If we seek a national affiliation that has fee's and unless someone else is willing to cover that cost, you will have to charge dues. Sometimes you have activities you want to do and need supplies, those cost are either donated, come out of your dues or can be a fee paid.

If a club collects dues, fees or even donations, the club typically needs to have someone tracking the ins and outs of the money and you maybe required to show that to TV. At our clubs back home we had vendors that were part of the club and would bring in a few items for sale. This is frowned upon in TV. You can do a swap meet or cookie exchange, but if there is commerce being conducted in the club TV usually wants a cut.

Just what I've learned since I've been here and started a club...
I'm sure you realize that you are talking about your "VILLAGES' DISTRICT GOVERNMENT" and not "The Villages". I'm just mentioning it so others will know.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopat View Post
Future villager here, trying to learn as much as we can before we make the move. Noticed that a lot (most?) clubs require a yearly fee? Just wondering what it's for and how it all works.
Welcome to The Villages! I have a DeCor Club for residents and have never charged for membership. The Club is called DeCor and More. Let me know if you would like additional information.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, clubs, require, yearly, fee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.