Clubs open to employees?

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2022, 06:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
No. You can have any club you want…but if not a resident lifestyle club…..it is not a villages club! Not inappropriate in any way. I am not up set with your club……
Kinda like a group of guys getting together to play poker once a month at their homes.
Could call it a club not a Resident Lifestyle club.

Here are the Resident Lifestyle Clubs that most likely the OP is asking about.
https://www.districtgov.org/images/d...bs-Listing.pdf
Sorry to disappoint but, 5 of the clubs I speak of,(didn’t waste any more time on the last 2), are on the Resident Lifestyle Clubs website. I think you missed the point that the Clubs of which I speak of were listed on the very site you quoted. One can can put notice in the paper for a new club, call it

“Useless Needless Information club”,

and as long as you fulfill requirements the club will be on the “Resident Lifestyle Club”. It’s not as hard to start a Resident Lifestyle Club, just need a ID, the form, and interest. So that poker gathering could be a lifestyle club, if they so choose.

On-site meetings requires a ID to enter, however the same “Resident Lifestyle Club” can also bring guests to any outside venues. So in answer to OP’s question, yes a “Resident Lifestyle Club” may allow a person to join a “Deep water fishing club”, as long as they don’t try to use Seabreeze sport pool to fish in, (there may be big fish in the pool, but you have to throw them back).
The same applies it is a choice of any “Resident Lifestyle Club” to not take any new members, therefore could be considered as a closed club.

Last edited by thelegges; 12-25-2022 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-25-2022, 07:58 AM

What is a dream maker?
Old 12-25-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bness View Post
I am a Dreammaker working at The Villages Grown and am 55 years old. Am I eligible to join in the social clubs? Specifically the deep sea fishing club.
I love fishing and relocated from the west coast this year. Need help getting to know the techniques used here.
Tight lines everyone.
To get the answer to your question....
Go to the Deep Sea Fishing Club's website:
DSFC - Home
or
Contact their President:
Kenneth Jagodzinski
kenjag3@aim.com
(386) 986-7655

Good Luck....Sounds like a great club!
Old 12-25-2022, 08:32 AM
Default Club

Quote:
I am a Dreammaker working at The Villages Grown and am 55 years old. Am I eligible to join in the social clubs? Specifically the deep sea fishing club.
I love fishing and relocated from the west coast this year. Need help getting to know the techniques used here.
Tight lines everyone.
Depends on the club, some have rules yo7 have to live in TV, some don’t. Just contact the club you want and ask.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
What is a dream maker?
A Villages employee
Old 12-25-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFwUs View Post
There are certain clubs here that have substantially long wait list...like the wood shop/club for example, where prospective members have waited 7, 8, 9 + years and never moved up on the "list" enough to ever get in, within their remaining lifetime.
That is not correct. Please stop repeating false information.
The wood shop is nearly caught up with new member requests. Last I heard, it was a couple months wait. It was never as long as you said.
Woodshop is $200 to join. Then $75 per year. Those funds are only used to pay for shop expenses (no parties or freebies). New members also must take a safety training class before allowed entry. Also requires members to donate time as a shop monitor (3 shifts/year), or help in some alternate ways. It's all run volunteers.
Old 12-25-2022, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

In a word… No
Old 12-25-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
The wood shop is nearly caught up with new member requests. Last I heard, it was a couple months wait. It was never as long as you said.
Woodshop is $200 to join. Then $75 per year. Those funds are only used to pay for shop expenses (no parties or freebies). New members also must take a safety training class before allowed entry. Also requires members to donate time as a shop monitor (3 shifts/year), or help in some alternate ways. It's all run volunteers.
100% fact ^^
Old 12-25-2022, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

The Deep Sea Fishing Club AKA The Villages Deep Sea Fishing Club is an official Villages Club which meets monthly in a Rec Center. It says very clearly on its website that members MUST have a Villages ID.

You cannot be a member of the club as an employee only. This is true of every club which uses the rec centers for any purpose for free. [some exceptions for disease related clubs]

"Come to our meetings to join the Club. Membership is open to Villages residents only. Remember to bring your Village ID with you. It is required to get into the Everglades Recreation Center meeting and to join the club."
Old 12-25-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
What is a dream maker?
It is a card (with photo) issued to employees of The Villages and The District Government which gives them certain discounts and benefits. Called a Dream Maker Card or Dream Maker Pass. Discounts are from The Developer and some other businesses.
Old 12-25-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
False information ..??

**...Its literally been reported in the news paper and discussed on this forum and facebook repeatedly.

**...There have been attempted court cases/lawsuits over it.

Its been that way for years.
They didn't build a 2nd shop if the existing shop was meeting demand of all the would be members...and it filled up too.
The last I checked (earlier this year), I was directly informed that the wood shop(s) still had hundreds of people on a wait list that were years away from getting in.

The woodshops own webpage states they had (full) "membership of 1300 and a waitlist of 500 at the end of 2021".
>"The club currently has a waiting list for new members. To join the list, call Borfitz at 352-205-7630."

So, that "false" info came directly from the source at the wood shops main office, not something I "heard" which by your own admission, is where your info comes from!

If that info has changed due a revision in the wood shop time slot policy that now allows new members in, I will concede to that detail, yet that does not make the previously gathered & reported info - which was accurate at that time - false!
But nice try though.

More to the point, there are in fact hundreds of clubs here, not just the wood shop, that have very long wait list to get in, some are even closed to new members, as indicated on their individual webpages.
That's also been discussed on here and elsewhere. That's also not false info.

(edit) I am not allowed to link to the several newspaper articles directly on this subject, but feel free to google "the villages wood shop wait list purgatory" as 1 example.

Heres more from this forum-->
Waiting list at WoodWorking shop.

Waiting List for Popular Clubs

Last edited by LAFwUs; 12-25-2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Tight lines everyone.
Yes, talk to Ken J. He should tell you that guests are allowed to join trips with unfilled seats. You can see all trips online. No need to attend the meetings. Call Jim Scheer. He’s a former Californian and has the most trips available. Enjoy!
Old 12-27-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFwUs View Post
False information ..??

**...Its literally been reported in the news paper and discussed on this forum and facebook repeatedly.

**...There have been attempted court cases/lawsuits over it.

Its been that way for years.
They didn't build a 2nd shop if the existing shop was meeting demand of all the would be members...and it filled up too.
The last I checked (earlier this year), I was directly informed that the wood shop(s) still had hundreds of people on a wait list that were years away from getting in.

The woodshops own webpage states they had (full) "membership of 1300 and a waitlist of 500 at the end of 2021".
>"The club currently has a waiting list for new members. To join the list, call Borfitz at 352-205-7630."

So, that "false" info came directly from the source at the wood shops main office, not something I "heard" which by your own admission, is where your info comes from!

If that info has changed due a revision in the wood shop time slot policy that now allows new members in, I will concede to that detail, yet that does not make the previously gathered & reported info - which was accurate at that time - false!
But nice try though.

More to the point, there are in fact hundreds of clubs here, not just the wood shop, that have very long wait list to get in, some are even closed to new members, as indicated on their individual webpages.
That's also been discussed on here and elsewhere. That's also not false info.

(edit) I am not allowed to link to the several newspaper articles directly on this subject, but feel free to google "the villages wood shop wait list purgatory" as 1 example.

Heres more from this forum-->
Waiting list at WoodWorking shop.

Waiting List for Popular Clubs
The current wait time is a couple months. The volunteer trainers there have been trying very hard to get through the backlog this year, and have had great success. Other information you mention is obsolete and WRONG.
Please stop posting false information.
Old 12-27-2022, 07:05 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,305 Times in 540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I would contact the club you’re interested in joining and see what their requirements are.
Finally a good answer.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3105boy View Post
Yes, talk to Ken J. He should tell you that guests are allowed to join trips with unfilled seats. You can see all trips online. No need to attend the meetings. Call Jim Scheer. He’s a former Californian and has the most trips available. Enjoy!
And there it is..a guest may be allowed to join trips, that are not full, no attending meeting needed
Closed Thread

Tags
clubs, fishing, year, love, relocated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.