Competitive Shooting & Pistol Shooting Training

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Gold member
Default Competitive Shooting & Pistol Shooting Training

Are there any IDPA, Steel Challenge, bowling pin or USPCA shooters in the village that would be interested in gaining more knowledge in the correct handling of their favorite toy.

I am certified NRA LE Pistol/Shotgun Trainer. Would like to find some more that would like dry fire practice and posssibly start a TV traveling club to go to some shoots in the local area.

I am also NRA certified in Home Protection, Firearm Safety, and a competive shooter with lots of experience.

Looking for others that are interested in the same thing.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.

Last edited by Figmo Bohica; 11-23-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The NRA certified in home protection always makes me a little.....confused.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-23-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Gold member

graciegirl,

NRA Classes in Home Protrection is not having a mini-gun in your front yard, a shotgun by your bed or a squad of Green Beret ready to air drop if you should need them.

What the classes teaches is how to secure your home from unwanted visitors. How to have windows that only open so far so that someone can not open it enough so that they can crawl in to your home. What to do if you arrive home and find your front door open and you know that you locked it before you left. What to do in case of an emergency, either man made or if you get caught in mother natures emergency. Do you have a BOB? Know what one is? Do you have a plan in case of fire? Have you made arrangments for your pets, if you have any? Mine are like children to me and need to be taken care of also. Do you take any medication daily that you will need in case of an emergency? Have you talked with your neighbors and have a plan if a hurricane or other emergency occurs so that you can help each other and make sure that everyone in your immediate area is OK? Do you have any emergency equipment to help someone if they are trapped in their home, IE., a shovel and crowbar?

These are most things that people don't think of and need to give some thought to. The TV's are really a safe place to live, that is why we have decided to move there, but you still need to protect yourself and have a plan in case of an emergency.

Right now we are in the process of moving to the Villages. Presently we live within a few miles of the Mexican border. We never leave the house unlocked, or leave with out being armed. The news does not bring anyone the complete story of what is happening on the border. That is one of the reasons we are leaving this area of New Mexico. There is a small village just 60 miles from us across the border where we use to take visitors to see Old Mexico. No longer do we visit this wonder village. The mayor was gunned down on the street, the chief of police requested asylum in the United States and there are daylight shootings in the street. The town has been taken over by the drug cartels and human smugglers.

BTW way BOB is not your date, it is called a Bug Out Bag and contains ID, and other equipment that you will need to have until help arrives, like some emergency rations, money (cash), for if the power goes out, credit cards, debit cards or anything that need a computer will not be available, the only thing good will be cash. How much you want to keep on hand is up to you. Ladies BOBs need a few different things that us guy BOBs need. When we get settled in TV, I will be more than willing to give some classes on what you should have, and suggestions on how to be prepared for an emergency. It's been a long time since Florida has been hit hard with a hurricane and like the Boy Scouts, I like to be prepared.

I hope that this has answered your questions and that you now understand what NRA Certified Instructors for Home Protection do.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:47 PM

I would be very interesting in joining you as I am moving down next week. I have been shooting for 32 years and was wondering that same question myself. I think it is a great idea and you can pm me and we can work something out.

Norm
Old 11-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Default shooting

Please pass the word.
A pistol range here would be a fine thing.
Bob
Old 11-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Gold member

For all of you that have shown an interest in shooting and shooting sports, no matter what type, there is a new club being formed call the "Village Straight Shooters." They have a web site http://www.villagestarightshooters.org They meet on the 3d Thursday of each month at Sea Breeze Rec Center at 6 PM. I attended the last meeting and since they are just forming and getting started any and all help would be appreciated. There are many different styling of shooting that are offer in the area, from trap/skeet to what ever and this club will help you find a place to enjoy your shooting sport.

So please come join us next month.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
Are there any IDPA, Steel Challenge, bowling pin or USPCA shooters in the village that would be interested in gaining more knowledge in the correct handling of their favorite toy.

I am certified NRA LE Pistol/Shotgun Trainer. Would like to find some more that would like dry fire practice and posssibly start a TV traveling club to go to some shoots in the local area.

I am also NRA certified in Home Protection, Firearm Safety, and a competive shooter with lots of experience.

Looking for others that are interested in the same thing.
Loren,

Count me in...

Pete
Old 11-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
For all of you that have shown an interest in shooting and shooting sports, no matter what type, there is a new club being formed call the "Village Straight Shooters." They have a web site http://www.villagestarightshooters.org They meet on the 3d Thursday of each month at Sea Breeze Rec Center at 6 PM. I attended the last meeting and since they are just forming and getting started any and all help would be appreciated. There are many different styling of shooting that are offer in the area, from trap/skeet to what ever and this club will help you find a place to enjoy your shooting sport.

So please come join us next month.
The link doesn't work.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Default Link correction...

The link should be: http://www.VillagesStraightShooters.org
Old 11-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDz View Post
Sorry, PeteDz has the correct link. Fingers got mixed up and reversed a couple letters. More proof reading is required on this posters part, ME. I might not type very well, but I can shoot pretty good.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.