DRONE Group finally getting off the ground

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts
Default DRONE Group finally getting off the ground

In Thursday's Recreation News the resident survey for a dedicated Drone Resident Lifestyle group to be formed. The purpose of the survey is to determine interest level and get a feel for the room size needed for the meeting.

The group will be open all Villages residents (because we plan to hold it at a Rec Center you must be a resident) with an interest in drones and/or aerial photography. You don't need to have an aircraft, just an interest in them.

The group will focus on educating users on safety, regulations, types of aircraft, purchasing a drone, flying techniques, editing of videos, and any thing else related that the group wants to pursue. If enough interest exists then a section 107 certification study group may be possible also. There are still lots of details to work out.

You don't need to own a drone, just have an interest in the hobby, we already have several people singed up that are looking for information on making the right buying decision for an aircraft.

I've requested the meeting be a the Rohan Rec Center on Wednesday mornings but we'll have to see what is offered. This location seems ideal because of several large open areas nearby, including the ball fields and their large parking lot, that will be great for flying. Morning are best for flying as the air is normally calmer and better for the smaller aircraft.

I am the point of contact for the new group. Please call the number in the Rec News when it comes out and give me your name, address, and phone number. You can also send me a private message from this website with the same information and I'll add it to the list.

For those whom I've previously conversed with about droning and I have your email address or phone number I will also be reaching out to you.

Anyone interested in being a part of the core group to help with the startup and help set the direction of the group please send me a PM.

Thanks
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 09-11-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-23-2018, 11:05 AM

Interested, please call "The Orange Man " 248-514-6182
Old 08-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Platinum member

I received word today that the for some reason the drone group survey did not get put into this weeks Rec News in the Daily Sun. They confirmed that it is going in next weeks paper.

If you are interested in the formation of a drone lifestyle activity group please send my a private message and I'll get back with you as quickly as I can.

Thanks
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-23-2018, 03:05 PM

delete

Last edited by tlb50; 08-23-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: delete
Old 09-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Platinum member

The drone group survey finally came out in Rec New for 9/6/18 and will be in it again on the 13th. If you are interested call the number in the Rec News or send my a private message on this board.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 09-10-2018, 12:10 PM

I would be interested in joining the drone group. Thanks for taking the lead. Rohan area would work well. I just received a DJI Spark from my sons so this is good timing.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Bosoxfan

Good luck. Wish I could participate but I work Wednesday thru Saturdays..

Seems like the things I'm interested in getting educated in are happening on days I can't make it. Oh well some day I'll retire
Old 09-19-2018, 05:03 PM

Interested in buying a Drone (DJI) and wondering if this group ever materialized.
Would appreciate any info as to meeting people that can help me make the right decision in buying and flying.
Thank you
Old 09-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Platinum member

For those interested in the drone group, we will be holding a meeting to help setup and determine the direction of the group on Monday, October 1st, at 1:00 PM at the Odell recreation center in the Tanzania room. We have the room from 12:30 until 2:30 so come early if you wish to socialize. No need to bring your aircraft to this meeting.
www.goldwingnut.com
Closed Thread

Tags
group, interest, rec, flying, resident

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.