Essentrics or Classical Stretch classes

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2019, 07:00 PM
Smile Essentrics or Classical Stretch classes

If you have watched PBS, you may have seen the Miranda Esmonde-White presentations on stretching.

With all the exercise classes in The Villages, I was wondering if these specific stretch classes are being held.

Thank you.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Reviews of Essentrics with Miranda Esmonde White are extremely positive. A very fit member of our family performs Miranda’s routines daily and swears they are the best workouts ever and she has never felt so fit and healthy.

I hope you can find or start these sessions here, they would be wonderful for an aging population. Our family member looks wonderful and likes these workouts more than yoga or Zumba.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Default Essentrics or Classical Stretch classes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-28-2019, 10:18 AM
Sage

I'm not familiar with that form of stretching...may have to check out PBS. When is it shown?
Years ago, up north, our local gym offered a chair stretching class (for seniors). I wasn't yet a senior but took it due to some physical issues I had (still have). I've not been able to find a similar class. I remember one of the people in this class saying she'd brought her daughter along the week before (who was visiting). The daughter's comment was---"this class is exellent!"---she was a physical therapist. I would think in this community of aging people, someone would offer several of these classes. The unfortunate thing was...the person who did the class I had been in often said she would make a video and have it available for us to use in our down-time. BUT she never got around to it.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:39 AM
Platinum member

Here are nicely filmed videos:

Intro to the Essentrics Workout - YouTube

Essentrics - Waist and Abs Toning (Mini Workout) - YouTube

Go on youtube and type in Essentrics - there are several more instructional videos.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:35 AM

I have recorded many shows from PBS. They are the best workouts. If you can search On Demand, you might find some shows.
Closed Thread

Tags
classes, stretch, wondering, villages, exercise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.