Foosball

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2021, 06:58 AM

I’ve always been told that TV has everything (activities, clubs, etc) and if there is something you are interested in and they don’t have yet, speak up and it will get started. It surprises me that some in this chat are negative about an activity some people might be interested in. So it can be loud. So it takes up more space. And the problem? Installing a few tables in just a few rec centers will provide the opportunity for TV residents who are interested. I can only speak for my family and I know I would enjoy it and especially my grandchildren during camp.
Offutt AFB, NE—Wilton, ME
Kadena AFB, Okinawa—Eglin AFB, FL
Bergstrom AFB, TX.
RAF Welford, England.
Anderson AFB, Guam
Ramstein AB, Germany
Tallahassee, FL—Atlanta, GA
Old 07-09-2021, 07:27 AM

Just put them next to the pickleball courts.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyBeckler View Post
Clearly, some of us LOVE foosball!
I didn't even think that was around anymore; I remember last playing it in the early 1970's when I was stationed in Germany!
Old 07-09-2021, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgagg View Post
I’ve always been told that TV has everything (activities, clubs, etc) and if there is something you are interested in and they don’t have yet, speak up and it will get started. It surprises me that some in this chat are negative about an activity some people might be interested in. So it can be loud. So it takes up more space. And the problem? Installing a few tables in just a few rec centers will provide the opportunity for TV residents who are interested. I can only speak for my family and I know I would enjoy it and especially my grandchildren during camp.
The problem is the noise and the space. The rec center rooms are all very large, so even one foosball game would interfere with another activity in that room. And, the thread is about installing foosball tables in all the rec centers, not a few.
Old 07-09-2021, 08:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugmurray View Post
Is there any truth to the rumor that AAC is considering installing Foosball tables in all the Recreation Centers? If it's true I imagine a lot of new clubs forming around them but I wonder where they would put them!
I would think they would put them in the big meeting rooms because no bigger than they are they could pick them up & move them elsewhere until, meetings or dances are over! I don’t play Foosball but looks like it could be a very challenging game. This is a game that anybody at any age could be competitive in!
Old 07-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I would think they would put them in the big meeting rooms because no bigger than they are they could pick them up & move them elsewhere until, meetings or dances are over! I don’t play Foosball but looks like it could be a very challenging game. This is a game that anybody at any age could be competitive in!
A regulation foosball table weighs 360 pounds. They won't be moving them around.

The village rec centers are operated by one person, who is responsible for moving around the tables and chairs for meetings. It's hard work and many rec center employees quit the job because of it.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 07-09-2021 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:48 AM

Rumor has it they are putting ping pong tables in all the Rec centers
Old 07-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

I'd prefer a pool table or two. TV is the only retirement place we considered that didn't have pool rooms in their rec centers. I always thought it was odd, but now that I'm here I kind of get it. Nobody actually hangs out at the rec centers. They just go there for events and club meetings.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywood View Post
I'd prefer a pool table or two. TV is the only retirement place we considered that didn't have pool rooms in their rec centers. I always thought it was odd, but now that I'm here I kind of get it. Nobody actually hangs out at the rec centers. They just go there for events and club meetings.
Huh? Almost every village rec center has 6 pool tables. Overall, there are over 150 pool tables in The Villages. The regional rec centers do not have pool tables.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:10 PM
Wink Foosball might not be our thing, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Much too noisy! I guess you could create a room (similar to the billiard room) to muffle the sound but, really, such an expense for so few? Then we can install indoor shuffleboard tables and, why not, dart boards.Seems more suitable for a tavern. Maybe one of the multiple drinking establishments might step up to the plate??
We would be well served to remember that each new retiree group will want different activities and music than the out going groups like. That's life. And they have paid in years and money to get here, just as we did.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:12 PM
Wink Foosball might not be our thing, but

Quote:
Much too noisy! I guess you could create a room (similar to the billiard room) to muffle the sound but, really, such an expense for so few? Then we can install indoor shuffleboard tables and, why not, dart boards.Seems more suitable for a tavern. Maybe one of the multiple drinking establishments might step up to the plate??
We would be well served to remember that each new retiree group will want different activities and music than the out going groups like. That's life. And they have paid in years and money to get here, just as we did.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:04 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The problem is the noise and the space. The rec center rooms are all very large, so even one foosball game would interfere with another activity in that room. And, the thread is about installing foosball tables in all the rec centers, not a few.
WELLLL, maybe the other activities would be interfering with the foosball games.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywood View Post
You don't get out to the rec centers much, do you SHADYWOOD?
Old 07-09-2021, 04:27 PM

I used the pool lift chair

Last edited by Mpappie; 07-10-2021 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Not that noisy, played foosball in small break room with no sound proofing for years didn’t bother anybody in room. I think only place you may find one in the game room of the under construction responders Rec center? But, have see recent picture of layout recently? O. I remember indoor shuffleboard Table, pinball, and dart boards along with more but I can’t remember? O, I also think air hockey table also. Holly cr—.
Closed Thread

Tags
foosball, put, forming, clubs, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.