Foosball

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2021, 08:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
No room in villages pool halls for foosball tables unless the get smaller pool tables or remove some. HH don’t even have room to set behind pool table while play going on.
Well being a avid pool player in TV, going to smaller pool table would never fly with TV to spend thousands of dollars to replace. Also the pool players there would protest it to the point it would never happen. That’s why I originally said they would have to put them at one end of the Rec centers big meeting room. TV would never build more buildings for these little Foosball tables. Do people really think Foosball would really go in TV?
Old 07-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

A new poster and a brand new rumor and here it is July when posts are usually down a bit.

I have never once in my whole life played this game and I am amazed at what I just learned including that there is a variety of quality in Foosball tables. I will have to see how much a "Pierre" costs. Be right back.

WOWSER! You can buy them new for about $800, but a new Rene Pierre costs more than 3K. Who knew??? Not me.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
A new poster and a brand new rumor and here it is July when posts are usually down a bit.

I have never once in my whole life played this game and I am amazed at what I just learned including that there is a variety of quality in Foosball tables. I will have to see how much a "Pierre" costs. Be right back.

WOWSER! You can buy them new for about $800, but a new Rene Pierre costs more than 3K. Who knew??? Not me.
Do you really think villages buys the best on everything other than golf?

really going to be shocked when find out silver lake rec center going to get premium Diamond Pro 9 foot pool tables for cost of all most 70 thousands. But, that will make sliver lake the most sought after pool tables in village land. In pool playing world that like palmers golf courses. At least for above average pool players?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Well being a avid pool player in TV, going to smaller pool table would never fly with TV to spend thousands of dollars to replace. Also the pool players there would protest it to the point it would never happen. That’s why I originally said they would have to put them at one end of the Rec centers big meeting room. TV would never build more buildings for these little Foosball tables. Do people really think Foosball would really go in TV?
Ok, who suggested building foosball buildings?

It’s’ going to happen at responder’s rec center If the stick to plans unlike any other rec center it’s going have dedicated game room. (card/chess/checkers tables, air hockey, foosball, shuffleboard, darts, and pinball/video games) the pool also going to be family oriented.

Somebody suggested put foosball in billiard rooms not me. Someone suggested putting them in pickleball courts, I figure the was just being sarcastic and I responded to that. I could care less about foosball, but that don’t mean other’s don’t.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:25 PM

TV may not buy the best of everything, they don’t buy the cheapest either. Every game, sport, activity I’ve participated in has had very good facilities and equipment.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:

Slap stick table for $800. You get what you pay for. You can get a pool table cheap also.

Foosball was really big in the '70's.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:25 AM
Default Air Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugmurray View Post
Is there any truth to the rumor that AAC is considering installing Foosball tables in all the Recreation Centers? If it's true I imagine a lot of new clubs forming around them but I wonder where they would put them!
Let’s bring back the 1970’s and 1980’s. All rec centers need a room for foosball, air hockey, free pinball machines and a loud stereo playing classic rock. I wonder why my hearing is bad!!!
Old 07-12-2021, 06:34 AM
Default Bong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
Let’s bring back the 1970’s and 1980’s. All rec centers need a room for foosball, air hockey, free pinball machines and a loud stereo playing classic rock. I wonder why my hearing is bad!!!
I forgot to add each rec center should have two Bong video games.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

Interesting graciegirl, had no idea they cost that much. I’ve never really played Foosball either but I guess I don’t see all the excitement in them. Just like Air Hockey!
Closed Thread

Tags
foosball, put, forming, clubs, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.