Slot Car Racing Club

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Default Slot Car Racing Club

I was wondering if there is interest in a slot car racing club with 2, 3, tracks or more and set up rules to make sure everyone has fun with heat races, and regular races etc. All cars will meet certain specs. Just throwing out feelers about this.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Slot Car Racing Club

I've been researching on the web what slot car racing is and it looks like fun. About how much $$ would it take to get started? The cars didn't look that expensive but what else is needed? I'd be interested. Have TV do a new club survey for you.

There are videos of racing on youtube.com
Old 07-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Default Re: Slot Car Racing Club

Slot cars can be great fun. I am an owner in TV but not a permanent resident at this time. However, almost anything vaguely automotive is of interest to me. Years ago I was a member of an Austin-Healey car club (I had a 3000 Mk3) and at the monthly meetings we would sometimes set up a slot car track. The idea was for members to buy tokens to enter a race and win the tokens of the losers. At the end of the night the cash collected selling tokens was split for the club treasury...a sort of 50/50 contest and added a real competitive spirit to the race. After all...you had a quarter bet on winning. A quarter doesn't seem like much, but the races were only ten laps of a not very large track, so there were many races in one night. I would be saving quarters all month in anticipation of the meeting.
I still have my 1960 Aurora Model Motoring slot cars.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.