Old Time Radio Drama Club

View Poll Results: Do you recall drama programs on radio as a child?
Would you like to hear some of them again 5 100.00%
Would you like to know more about them 3 60.00%
Would you like to participate in producing a program 1 20.00%
Would you like to attend monthly club meetings 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Default Old Time Radio Drama Club

The Old-Time Radio Drama Club meets this Thursday at 7 pm (1st Thursdays), Oct 1 – at the Bacall Village Recreation Center.

Remember those radio dramas from the ‘40s and ‘50s? Those daytime soap-operas, afternoon serials for the kids, music in the evening, and those wonderful comic, adventure, and detective radio shows? Want to hear them again? Want to know who made them and how? “Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.” Bring your “theater of the mind” to the reorganization meeting of the Old-Time Radio Drama Club. We’ll have tapes, trivia, tales to tell, and a take home prize.

Join us – “same time, same station” - for the next exciting meeting of the Old-Time Radio Drama Club – Thursday at 7 pm. The program includes the Lone Ranger and Duffy’s Tavern.

For information call Ed Williams at 750-5067 or email eawilliams@prodigy.net.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWilliams View Post
The Old-Time Radio Drama Club meets this Thursday at 7 pm (1st Thursdays), Oct 1 – at the Bacall Village Recreation Center.

Remember those radio dramas from the ‘40s and ‘50s? Those daytime soap-operas, afternoon serials for the kids, music in the evening, and those wonderful comic, adventure, and detective radio shows? Want to hear them again? Want to know who made them and how? “Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.” Bring your “theater of the mind” to the reorganization meeting of the Old-Time Radio Drama Club. We’ll have tapes, trivia, tales to tell, and a take home prize.

Join us – “same time, same station” - for the next exciting meeting of the Old-Time Radio Drama Club – Thursday at 7 pm. The program includes the Lone Ranger and Duffy’s Tavern.

For information call Ed Williams at 750-5067 or email eawilliams@prodigy.net.
I have you on my list "26 months and counting
Wanabee future TVer
Old 11-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

How exciting that you are thinking of getting this together! I've done radio theater here in my town and have really enjoyed it. Love the commeraderie, the rehearsals and then the final show. We're moving to TV in January and once settled, will contact you. Retirement will be just SO busy!!!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:49 PM

Another reason to wish my house here would sell so we can get to TV. I had at one time a huge collection of old time radio show tapes, Katrina took them to the bottom of Lake Ponchetrain. I do have a few cd's and listen to the shows on line also. This will be so much fun for me, I cant wait to get there and become involved.

By the way, if you have to travel with restless children, I found that putting the old time radio shows on for them to hear really caught their attention and I had to really search for tapes of the Baby Snooks show, their favorite.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Tons Of OTR Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNYMARYANN View Post
I had at one time a huge collection of old time radio show tapes, Katrina took them to the bottom of Lake Ponchetrain. I do have a few cd's and listen to the shows on line also...

By the way, if you have to travel with restless children, I found that putting the old time radio shows on for them to hear really caught their attention and I had to really search for tapes of the Baby Snooks show, their favorite.
There are thousands of ads for Old Time Radio on Ebay. You can get some amazing deals (i.e. 899 episodes of Suspense for about $7, etc). Just do a search for OTR. There are mainly in the MP3 format and can be listened to on any computer and/or DVD player. You might also click up theradiolady.com Many, many shows and they even have a 50 show disc of Baby Snooks for $6. They've been around for several years.
Walt.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:59 PM

I attended a meeting last year when we were at the Villages and look forward to attend again in when we return in Feb.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granitesquare View Post
I attended a meeting last year when we were at the Villages and look forward to attend again in when we return in Feb.
Hope to see you there. Thursday evening 7 pm February 4 Bacall Recreation Center on Canal Street in The Villages. Episodes of Dragnet and Burns & Allen to be played.

Ed Williams
352-750-5067
Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 PM

If you will be in TV on Thursday, Feb 4 drop by the Bacall Recreation Center on Canal Street at 7 pm for the next meeting of the Old-Time Radio Drama Club. We hope to get something started on producing our own programs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.