JigSaw Puzzle Sale/Exchange

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Smile JigSaw Puzzle Sale/Exchange

Is there an organization or club that sets up group sales/exchanges for jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts? Seems to me that this might be a good idea for everyone to recycle and/or sell their finished puzzles and get new ones to do. It could be done on a large scale at a rec center. Reply with your thoughts.

Double R
Old 06-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Platinum member
Smile What I did.

There was a time when I would have been interested in doing that.

But, after several years of taking my wife to Moffitt Cancer Center for chemotherapy treatments, and seeing that jigsaw puzzles werea major source of positive distraction for people awaiting chemo, I view them as being of great value for patients.

Accordingly, after my wife passed, I took a couple of dozen of our puzzles to Moffitt and distributed them through different waiting rooms.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:06 PM

I love jigsaw puzzles and I have many that I would love to give away...I already donated many to Friends of the Library...
Old 06-02-2018, 08:11 PM

We exchange our puzzles at the Colony book store. You receive a small $ credit per puzzle and I believe each purchased puzzle is $4. Miona Rec Center also has a used puzzle area you have to ask for at the desk. The idea is you can take as many puzzles as you give them.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Default Check Southside Rec Center

Southside is up in the Historic Section. They have a large selection of puzzles to borrow; most, if not all, were donated or exchanged. I've picked up several from there.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
There was a time when I would have been interested in doing that.

But, after several years of taking my wife to Moffitt Cancer Center for chemotherapy treatments, and seeing that jigsaw puzzles werea major source of positive distraction for people awaiting chemo, I view them as being of great value for patients.

Accordingly, after my wife passed, I took a couple of dozen of our puzzles to Moffitt and distributed them through different waiting rooms.
Thank you for doing that, Carl. We probably worked on some during the years my husband was treated there.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

At the Silver Lake Rec Center, there is an entire room devoted to Jigsaw puzzle exchange, bring one, take one.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Default Puzzle exchange

There are two exchanges at Rec Centers. One at Silver Lake on the historic side and one at Lake Miona Rec Center. Both are active, which means there are new puzzles to pick from all the time! The idea is to exchange one for one, but certainly if you don't have one to start with, feel free to begin by taking one. It is courteous to always put pieces in bags, not loose in the box - newspaper sleeves are good for this. The shelves at Silver Lake are in the card room. At Lake Miona the shelves are in the service hallway just off the main auditorium room - ask at the desk and they will show you two ways to get there. If there is someone interested living in the Fenney area, you should inquire about starting one there, also. If you are new to the exchange, WELCOME!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:10 PM

To the OP, great question! Now I know what to do with mine!
Closed Thread

Tags
jigsaw, puzzle, double, puzzles, thoughts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.