Looking for a book club

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Default Looking for a book club

I'm looking for a book club in the vicinity of Pine Ridge. I would like to find one that reads a variety of books. If there isn't one, maybe we can start one?
Old 05-03-2021, 08:55 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I have never been in TV year-round. But I have toyed with the idea of starting a book club if I were in TV all the time — but I’m not.

TV is so huge that it is not easy to find a book club. And if you do, you might find them to be well-established — but maybe welcoming. We have had wonderful neighbors but it’s a short street and nobody is really interested in a book club. I’ve asked. But they have been willing to socialize with me otherwise though, so I don’t feel like a wallflower.

I have wondered if a book club could be started by posting something somewhere that said. . .

Calling all Florida fiction readers — or historical fiction readers — or history non-fiction readers — or thriller readers — or romance readers — or mystery readers — or NYT Bestseller readers — or classics readers — or (insert favorite author here) readers — or random choice readers or (insert whatever other reader type here) readers. . .

Then say to meet on the porch of (insert a regional rec center name here) along with the time and date. (I hope the rec centers would not run off a gang of bookworms just trying to meet for the first time to figure things out — or would they? Maybe daytime at a square would be better.)

Anyway, it could be pleasantly surprising or it could be like trying to herd cats. But I think there is a good chance of it being fun to bring together readers with a common interest.

I think you could get some interested Villagers and then could make a plan to organize into an actual club with a real meeting room.

Worth a try?

Boomer

PS: I just remembered that the public library in Fruitland Park used to have a book club. I don’t know if they still do. You could not get there by golf cart, but it is in the Pine Ridge neck of the woods. It’s in Lake County and it’s a public library, not privatized.

Last edited by Boomer; 05-03-2021 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:17 PM

Good idea! I may try that. Thank you for the suggestion!
Closed Thread

Tags
book, club, books, reads, variety

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.