Waiting List for Popular Clubs

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Default Waiting List for Popular Clubs

Hello. I am a retired photographer, considering buying in The Villages. I have seen some threads where people have said there are waiting lists for joining a club. Of course, I would be interested in the photography club.
Is this correct? Are there waiting list for clubs.
Thanks! Marvinh
Old 05-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinh11791 View Post
Hello. I am a retired photographer, considering buying in The Villages. I have seen some threads where people have said there are waiting lists for joining a club. Of course, I would be interested in the photography club.
Is this correct? Are there waiting list for clubs.
Thanks! Marvinh
Yes there are. The pottery group has a waiting list and you must take a course before you are admitted. Many exercise groups are full, or first come first served.

All clubs are run by volunteers and there is no cost to us, (although some finagle a way around that, but if you see it, turn them in) If an activity is full, someone with experience can volunteer to be in charge of the room and start a new group. Sometimes in newer areas the request for rooms is greater than the supply, because of the enthusiasm to do things that comes with being new to The Villages, so you may have to go to an area not as close to your home to get a room and start a group.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

You can get info from these Villagers who are involved in Photo/Photography clubs.
Richard Kozak 234-380-3028
Carolann Gugliem 352-753-9468
Barbara Lind 352-633-8171

Any other clubs you need information on you can go to
Http:// Village Community Development Districts
Click on departments, recreation, then clubs
Old 05-06-2020, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
You can get info from these Villagers who are involved in Photo/Photography clubs.
Richard Kozak 234-380-3028
Carolann Gugliem 352-753-9468
Barbara Lind 352-633-8171

Any other clubs you need information on you can go to
Http:// Village Community Development Districts
Click on departments, recreation, then clubs
There are three photo clubs in TV, Sunset Pointe, The Villages Photo Club and the Intermidate Photography Club. Many of us belong to at least two or all three. You should be able to get into all of them, when you get here plan on attending as a guest so you can get a feel for which would work for you.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Gold member

Try the link below.

Welcome Back
Old 05-07-2020, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,025 Times in 5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes there are. The pottery group has a waiting list and you must take a course before you are admitted. Many exercise groups are full, or first come first served.

All clubs are run by volunteers and there is no cost to us, (although some finagle a way around that, but if you see it, turn them in) If an activity is full, someone with experience can volunteer to be in charge of the room and start a new group. Sometimes in newer areas the request for rooms is greater than the supply, because of the enthusiasm to do things that comes with being new to The Villages, so you may have to go to an area not as close to your home to get a room and start a group.
We are new to the villages and have joined several clubs and they all have small annual fees for membership.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:58 AM

I'm new here and would love to join a beginner photo club. Maybe you could start a second one and share your knowledge.
Closed Thread

Tags
waiting, club, list, clubs, photography

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.