RPGs, War Games, or Euros?

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2017, 09:46 PM
Default RPGs, War Games, or Euros?

Hello all! I'm new to The Villages and poking around the forums to see if there are folks playing any board games besides Backgammon (no offense) or Monopoly (you should be ashamed!) (j/k)

(Not really. That's a horrible game).

Are there any RPG groups out there interested in taking on a new member? (I have cookies!)

If you stumbled onto this thread and don't know what a Role Playing Game is (Pathfinder, Dungeons & Dragons, Star Wars: Force and Destiny) I would be happy to introduce you. It is basically like reading a book, except you control a character in the book and, with your fellow players and the Game Master, you tell the story. Very easy to learn and super fun, if you like having fun. Zero cost to entry.

And how about War Gamers? I'm currently nuts about Dust:1947 and Monsterpocalypse but I'd be happy to learn any other system (except 40K as my wife would kill me). Again, if you haven't tried a war game I'd be happy to introduce you. They range from the very simple to rather complex but almost all involve moving tanks, giant robots, or other fighters around a terrain table lush with buildings, trees, and other scenery. Again, zero cost to entry as you can use my miniatures. Once you start collecting your own you'll be in the poor house and your significant other will hate you. But other than that, super fun! Oh, and if you like painting, you can spend more time painting your miniatures than actually playing the game (until you learn speed painting, but that's a whole other post)(and if you like painting but hate gaming, please paint my minis for me).

Finally, I have a personal library of hundreds of Euro and Ameritrash games in my collection (BoardGameGeek says I have 678 games but I can see that includes a LOT of expansions). Deck builders, LCGs, Real-time, Worker Placement, and Dice Chuckers are among my favorite genres. Happy to learn new titles or teach whatever I have on my shelves. (I still have Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 in the shrinkwrap... any takers?)

If some of the Rec Centers Open Game Days have any of this stuff already ongoing please let me know where and when and I'll be there! Otherwise I'll have to hit every one of them with my wife and our copy of Escape: Curse of the Temple, and hope her screaming will draw other players to our table. (Yes, she literally screams while playing. It's hilarious, except for the Monopoly players. They hate seeing other people having fun.) (j/k)

(No I'm not. Even the winner of Monopoly doesn't have fun.)

Did I mention I have cookies? Monopoly players get 2!
Closed Thread

Tags
game, fun, playing, painting, learn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.