slow and easy biking club!

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Sage
Default slow and easy biking club!

Still looking for some interest in a slower paced biking club. Since I cant fiind my way out of a paper bag, I would need someone with knowledge of biking roads and trails in TV.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Location: south jersey, wyandotte Mi, north jersey, monmouth county nj
Default Biking

Ok, this is not motorcycle bikes right? If it is the old peddle bikes, I'm in. I am the proud owner of a Classic Schwin from the 50's and can't wait to ride it in TV...safely.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Default Try one of the two bike clubs

Here is the link to the Sumter landing club. The riders are at all levels and all styles of bikes. they ride as groups and practice strict safety regulations.

http://slbcthevillages.googlepages.com/
Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Still looking for some interest in a slower paced biking club. Since I cant fiind my way out of a paper bag, I would need someone with knowledge of biking roads and trails in TV.
Hi nonie,

I wouldn't mind doing some nice and easy riding when I arrive in TV in Oct/Nov. I used to be a long-distance bicyclist years ago. One of my trips was a bike ride from New York City to Williamsburg, Virginia. Met a lot of nice people along the way. Nowadays, your idea of slow and easy is fine for me. Will Bernie be riding also? Nice meeting you guys the other night. Stay well.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Veteran member

And no spandex allowed, right? Nonie, will you still be there mid-October? We'll be down for about 10 days and ready to ride! Maybe VK2 will lead us all.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Gold member
Default another Linda

you're right! no, no, no spandex. enjoy the ride. VK2 is a good choice for leader.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Sage

Alright! Never expected to get a response at this late date. I just may still be here in October so please contact me when you get back to TV . Hopefully we can get together for some slow and easy riding and not too early in the morning Pleeeease!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Sage

Nonie:

Read earlier this week you were leaving the TOTV because of the new format - glad you are working into it!

We are coming in January for two months and will do some slow bike rides on hybrids - hope you're around to join in.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 10-04-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Sage

Thanks Chuck ,I would love to join you. Patience is not one of my virtues, I was just venting earlier in the week, addictions are really hard to give up!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Sage

Sounds GREAT - hope to see you then!

We are coming in mid October for ten days and hope to make the Crispers lunch on the 17th, maybe we will see you there!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Sage
Default bikini club?

i just happened to misread this title and ended up finding out about your slow and easy biking club out of curiosity...interesting to learn about your past exploits on bikes...maybe i will join you if it is not at 8 a.m. like most other sporting activities here...hard to do when dancing the night away....even though music stops at 10! bike on over to the church on the square for great free musical programs each monday and wed at 6 pm...my favorite new discovery in this wonderful place...
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Gold member
Default chachacha

bikini club? Now, that's a good one. The men would not be opposed to you riding a bike while wearing your bikini ... I've seen you and I know that you must own one.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Default Bike Meandering

Hey guys, I'm still up for this too ( bike ride, not the bikini lol). If I lead, we will get lost for sure but that's part of the fun. We've only been talking about this for a year. And Noni has already explored one of the trails in Ocala. Let's do it!

VK2
Old 10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Sage

VK,

We gotta stop talking and start doing. Ill be back in 3 weeks and I will try to get everyone together for a nice slow easy ride definitely after 9:00? Mabe after 10:00? How does that sound to yall?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
VK,

We gotta stop talking and start doing. Ill be back in 3 weeks and I will try to get everyone together for a nice slow easy ride definitely after 9:00? Mabe after 10:00? How does that sound to yall?
Hi nONIE
If you do it again in mid to late November, I'll be a resident and would love to join in, too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.