Sportbike (motorcycle) club?

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Default Sportbike (motorcycle) club?

With a club for everything in The Villages I was hoping to find a group of like minded individuals who enjoy spirited group rides on twisty roads.

Sportbike riders, are you out there? Lets do this ...
Old 04-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,502 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post
With a club for everything in The Villages I was hoping to find a group of like minded individuals who enjoy spirited group rides on twisty roads.

Sportbike riders, are you out there? Lets do this ...
Of course we do. We have some wonderful folks who post on this Forum who ride too.

http://thevillagenomads.com/thevilla..._New_Home.html
Old 04-14-2018, 03:05 PM

How about a maxie scooter club, that only goes around and "terrorizes" (Hells Bells) The Village Squares....

Last edited by Villagevip; 04-14-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Of course we do. We have some wonderful folks who post on this Forum who ride too.

http://thevillagenomads.com/thevilla..._New_Home.html
Thanks Graciegirl. I'm sure the Nomads are very nice people but that's not the type of group Im looking to join. Their photo gallery shows lots of Goldwings, Trikes and Harleys. Im looking for SuperSport / performance motorcycle riders. Its a completely different activity and mindset.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

myrtle beach black bike week photos - Google Search

Not likely you will find avid sport bike riders in The Villages
Old 04-14-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
myrtle beach black bike week photos - Google Search

Not likely you will find avid sport bike riders in The Villages
Those aren't avid sport bike riders, those are squids. They're not the group I'm looking for either. With 100k+ residents, I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys a quality modern day high performance motorcycle.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Tom, there are two motorcycle groups in The Villages, the Nomads and the Goldwing club, neither of which will connect you with the type of riders you're looking for. There are a few sport bike riders here but nothing organized unfortunately. Most of the riders here either ride HDs or Wings and will claim to have outgrown the need for the acceleration and excitement on two wheels you get from a GSXR, YZ, or CBR. Right...

You my friend are in a very small minority in this community, your best bet would be to look outside TV for other sport riders. The best sport riding you'll find around here is dodging and avoiding the inattentive (I'm being very nice with choosing that adjective) drivers that are so prevalent in TV. The best ride in TV for a motorcycle is the shortest route out to safety.

While I also ride a Wing, I look forward to hitting the traffic circles and dragging a little metal, when the lack of traffic allows I try to drag pegs for the full 360, on my way out of TV to find the back roads and pushing it and I to our limits. Again unfortunately there are few twisties here in Florida, I've been looking for the last 11 years and have found very few worth mentioning especially as you go farther south.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,502 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Thanks Graciegirl. I'm sure the Nomads are very nice people but that's not the type of group Im looking to join. Their photo gallery shows lots of Goldwings, Trikes and Harleys. Im looking for SuperSport / performance motorcycle riders. Its a completely different activity and mindset.
Tom.
Keep your helmet on.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-15-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I would stop in Seminole Power Sports in Eustis on 441 and talk to them.

All Inventory | Seminole Powersports North
Old 04-15-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Those aren't avid sport bike riders, those are squids. They're not the group I'm looking for either. With 100k+ residents, I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys a quality modern day high performance motorcycle.
Squids,...? I thought they were called the "Organ Donors M/C".....I kid the Groom..
Old 04-15-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Squids,...? I thought they were called the "Organ Donors M/C".....I kid the Groom..
A squid (short for squirrely kid) has zero riding skills, wears a tee shirt, jeans and tennis shoes, no helmet or gloves, regularly hauls passangers and has lots of chrome and anodized pieces on there bike.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:35 PM

S.Q.U.I D. did not know that , T.Y...Have you seen those riders on the Ride of the Century? Man, they seem like all (hundreds) professional stunt riders, standing on the bike seat facing backwards , going sixty MPH!..Doing wheelies for miles., all the while the po-po behind them with the lights flashing...
Old 04-15-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
S.Q.U.I D. did not know that , T.Y...Have you seen those riders on the Ride of the Century? Man, they seem like all (hundreds) professional stunt riders, standing on the bike seat facing backwards , going sixty MPH!..Doing wheelies for miles., all the while the po-po behind them with the lights flashing...
I'm actually from St Louis, I know all about the ride of the century. It's been going on for 20+ years. A great example of squids that crash so much they put cages on their bikes. Literally

When I was a kid I raced BMX. The slow kids quit and went into doing silly tricks. They called it Freestyle, lol. Same thing with the stunt riders, they're too slow to race so they do silly tricks to get attention. SQUIDS!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
A squid (short for squirrely kid) has zero riding skills, wears a tee shirt, jeans and tennis shoes, no helmet or gloves, regularly hauls passangers and has lots of chrome and anodized pieces on there bike.
I lived in the area that hosted (or were stuck with) bikers like the pic I posted. Your squid definition is extremely accurate. That said, I think it is rare to see a sport bike rider over the age of 40. More power to you for your riding skills.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:58 PM
Sage

Moving up from S. Florida I noticed the lack of sport bikes on the road here. You might try contacting dealers that sell them such as the Ducati dealer in Ocala. Once you do hook with a group you may feel out of place by the age difference of the riders. Good luck.

Tags
group, sportbike, club, twisty, rides

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.