StarGift Project: Creative sharing of Faith with children and families

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2020, 02:14 PM
Smile StarGift Project: Creative sharing of Faith with children and families

Hi Villagers. I am a snow bird. I am a former educator, software designer, and author of children's material that teaches about faith in a creative and engaging way. I am part of a non-profit incorporated in Illinois and I would love to find people who love to support families and would love to share faith through creative expressions, who might like to help incorporate StarGift in The Villages, Florida. To this point, StarGift has raised money through sale of our materials that we've been able to give away maybe a thousand copies of faith inspiring children books to children through a variety of mechanisms. We hope not only that the children enjoy these stories but that their families become a bit engaged in learning more about the messages, so they can help enrich their children's experience. I think of it as Sunday school brought home! I am of the Christian faith, but I welcome creative authors of materials for other religious traditions to grow faith in Judaism, Islam and any discipline that expresses belief in one God. . .a loving God. . .but a God who guides us in His will, comforts us as needed, is merciful and yet holds us accountable to His commandments. StarGift has done readings to groups of children, we have given books away at Christmas parades, and we hope to host some family events in the future where children will walk away with similar materials to encourage their faith. We need creative folks to help write more stories, to do some illustrations, and we need educators, parents, and people who love to create events to move forward. Of course, to incorporate in Florida we will need people to serve on a board to guide the development of this non-profit. Does any of this sound like fun to you? Does it sound like activities worth your time and effort? If so, and you would be interested in learning more please contact me at starcenter1@stargiftproject.org. In the meantime, you can visit the star gift web site at where you can watch videos of our first two books.
Closed Thread

Tags
faith, children, creative, stargift, love

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.