Is there a crocheting club in TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Default Is there a crocheting club in TV

I crochet a victorian doll dress for a door stop doll, crochet afghans, towel holders, pony tail holders, toilet tissue covers, and most recently been practicing crocheting doilies. My mom crocheted beautiful doilies & I am trying to follow in her footsteps. Recently conquered a pineapple doily pattern she used to make & her pineapple placement pattern. Would love to connect in a crochet club as I love to learn more & could teach what I know. Nancy (Fernandina)
Old 07-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy03743 View Post
I crochet a victorian doll dress for a door stop doll, crochet afghans, towel holders, pony tail holders, toilet tissue covers, and most recently been practicing crocheting doilies. My mom crocheted beautiful doilies & I am trying to follow in her footsteps. Recently conquered a pineapple doily pattern she used to make & her pineapple placement pattern. Would love to connect in a crochet club as I love to learn more & could teach what I know. Nancy (Fernandina)
Yes, there is, Nancy. I believe its a knitting and crocheting club and I've been wanting to join it but never find the time. I'll look it up and post it here for you. I hope that the ladies in the group won't mind teaching me as I haven't crocheted for many years and really need a major refresher course. Maybe we could join together?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

There are several crafty groups in TV. One meets today (Wednesday) at Lake Miona called "The Happy Stitchers". It's a loosely formed group that knits, crochets, cross stitches and needlepoint. They were very welcoming to me and I've gone back maybe 3 times so far (lived here 6 weeks). If you read the Rec News, many groups seem to indicate they are for knitters by the name but crocheters are welcome as well. I prefer to crochet myself but my level of expertise is limited to afghans and scarves - LOL. Maybe we should form a separate group?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy03743 View Post
Here's a link to all the clubs. The Happy Stichers is listed as well as three knitting clubs. The list tells you where and when they meet and gives you a contact person.

http://districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Smile granny squares

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Yes, there is, Nancy. I believe its a knitting and crocheting club and I've been wanting to join it but never find the time. I'll look it up and post it here for you. I hope that the ladies in the group won't mind teaching me as I haven't crocheted for many years and really need a major refresher course. Maybe we could join together?
I want to learn how to make granny squares in crochet but also need refresher course.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to LynnDeb

Hi Nancy,
I think these crochet and knitting clubs do not teach, I would like to learn how to do both if we have a club... Thanx, Lynn
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum member

You're right in that they don't specifically teach but I'd be more than willing to teach anyone who wants to learn.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM

Hi Diane - I would love to learn how to knit and crochet. I have knitted a couple of scarves and crocheted granny squares years ago. I would love to join a club with you. Maybe we could start a beginners club?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum member

I think that sounds great. I don't profess to be an expert but I do know how to basic knit and crochet. I've done the scarves and afghans route and still enjoy making them. I can do granny squares and they really are quite easy. Wonder how to do this?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDeb View Post
Hi Nancy,
I think these crochet and knitting clubs do not teach, I would like to learn how to do both if we have a club... Thanx, Lynn
I agree LynnDeb.. maybe we could have a teaching club? We could do an informal one if a couple of us want to get together to start it off??? I'm game.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 09-09-2013, 09:22 AM

At Busy Hands/Happy Hearts we make many items to donate to charities. You can crochet, knit, sew or whatever you like to do. We meet 2nd and 4th Monday at Coconut Cove. All are welcome. Many ladies there are willing to teach you also.
I, personally, sew and crochet.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
At Busy Hands/Happy Hearts we make many items to donate to charities. You can crochet, knit, sew or whatever you like to do. We meet 2nd and 4th Monday at Coconut Cove. All are welcome. Many ladies there are willing to teach you also.
I, personally, sew and crochet.
Sounds like a wonderful club. Are you sure they wouldn't mind teaching us novices??? I'd hate to become a burden to someone enjoying their craft by asking 1,000 questions about how do I do this or that??? If you're sure its not a problem, I might just join in one day. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I agree LynnDeb.. maybe we could have a teaching club? We could do an informal one if a couple of us want to get together to start it off??? I'm game.
i will be happy to add my teaching skills to the group when i return mid-january - sorry not before that - but maybe you would catch some snowbirds who want to learn then!

anyway, have been crocheting for 40+ years and now crochet irish fisherman patterns and most anything else!

biggest hurdle in advancing beyond beginner patterns in crochet is learning pattern interpretation and stitches - i can help you and would enjoy doing so! just lemme know and i'll mark my calendar to get in touch.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Platinum member

OK ladies - let's get you folks who want to learn in the groove (wow does that sound
60's or 70's or what). Anyway..........if we put our heads together, perhaps we could find a place to initially get together. If you bring yarn and a crochet hook/knitting needle, I can get you going. I am going to a meeting on Friday at Big Cypress where they are answering questions on starting activities - ARE WE INTERESTED ???
Old 09-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
i will be happy to add my teaching skills to the group when i return mid-january - sorry not before that - but maybe you would catch some snowbirds who want to learn then!

anyway, have been crocheting for 40+ years and now crochet irish fisherman patterns and most anything else!

biggest hurdle in advancing beyond beginner patterns in crochet is learning pattern interpretation and stitches - i can help you and would enjoy doing so! just lemme know and i'll mark my calendar to get in touch.
I think it would be amazing to have someone more advanced to help. I can do the basics - slip stitch - single - double - treble - half double - etc., but beyond that - not so much. Let's see if we can get something going and then in January, you can impart your knowledge. Awesome !!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.