Writers Group in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Default Writers Group in the Villages

My wfe and I have TV highest on our list of places to move.

I'm an amateur writer. Short stories, maybe tackle a novel with the right support.

Does TV have an authors or writers group? Perhaps a gathering of like-minded writers to critique works, share writing goals, and discuss the craft.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Gold member
Default yes, there are writer's groups

I just noticed no one has responded to your post. I don't know any details, but I know I have seen mention of groups - check out the online recreation news, but please know The Recreation News only has that week's activities - if there are groups that meet monthly, you might not find a mention in a particular issue. There's a line to The Recreation News on thevillages.com or thevillagesdailysun.com or thevillages.net, all very informative websites.

There's a pretty comprehensive list of clubs on virginiatrace.com, but you might have to search for a likely name for writer's groups - they're not really categorized, I don't think, and there are over 1800 clubs here, some with websites, some not.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Platinum member

Hi Cool. There are a half dozen writers groups in TV. I'll PM you tomorrow with more info. I am also a writer. Perhaps we can bounce ideas and critiques of each other until then.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Veteran member
Default TV writer group info

Tom,
Please PM me, too, with TV writer group info.

Gene
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 AM

I believe you would love The Villages. I got married to a man who lived here and moved to The Villages early last fall. It's wonderful! I am an aspiring writer but am especially interested in stage plays--so am trying to get a group together specifically for that. There are however at least 5 or 6 writers clubs in TV as well as WRITERS LEAGUE of The Villages which is over all writing clubs. I think you would enjoy it here. Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
My wfe and I have TV highest on our list of places to move.

I'm an amateur writer. Short stories, maybe tackle a novel with the right support.

Does TV have an authors or writers group? Perhaps a gathering of like-minded writers to critique works, share writing goals, and discuss the craft.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 AM

Thanks, Judy. I appreciate the input. I'll check out the writers league.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.