The Villages Canoe and Kayak Club

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Default The Villages Canoe and Kayak Club

We are a club of canoe and kayak paddlers for residents of The Villages. We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the La Hacienda Center at 3:15. We have a club paddle on the 4th Tuesday. During the winter months, we have more paddles to accomodate our snowbird members.

A recent paddle took us the Cedar Key. We stop after paddles for a meal. We have two or three socials per year, as well.

Our web site is http://thevillagespaddlingclub.com

Old 08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Default Does anyone know of a nearby lake that offers rental kayaks?

We are going to be in The Villages next week and are hoping to go kayaking somewhere---maybe a nearby state park. Any suggestions where we could rent and paddle? Thanks--
Old 08-24-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
We are going to be in The Villages next week and are hoping to go kayaking somewhere---maybe a nearby state park. Any suggestions where we could rent and paddle? Thanks--
The Villages Canoe and Kayak Club seems to have a few related links:

http://www.vckc.net/showpage.asp?page=links
Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Sage

My husband wanted to join the Kayak club last winter but was told they were not accepting new members! Are they now accepting new members?

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Default Membership Filled?

We too tried to join the Kayaking club here after talking to person at local Rec Center that was taking applications for Lake Miona? rides. Went to Silver Springs today to private party who rents Kayaks and will take and pick you up after aprox 4 hour paddle trip. Would like to meet someone or group who would like to take slow trip headed down river near Silver Springs (or anywhere that rents / delivers). Love to see the outdoors but hate to go alone as my wife thinks a gator is waiting on her so ..... anyone interested? I'm no "expert" but a good way to get to see nature.
If so.... please PM me and I'll respond. Thanks and still trying to get someone from The Villages Kayak Club to call me back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
My husband wanted to join the Kayak club last winter but was told they were not accepting new members! Are they now accepting new members?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Default Thanks Dan

Some good WebSites concerning Kayaking..... Thanks Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan =^..^= View Post
The Villages Canoe and Kayak Club seems to have a few related links:

http://www.vckc.net/showpage.asp?page=links
Old 09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird1898 View Post
We too tried to join the Kayaking club here after talking to person at local Rec Center that was taking applications for Lake Miona? rides. Went to Silver Springs today to private party who rents Kayaks and will take and pick you up after aprox 4 hour paddle trip. Would like to meet someone or group who would like to take slow trip headed down river near Silver Springs (or anywhere that rents / delivers). Love to see the outdoors but hate to go alone as my wife thinks a gator is waiting on her so ..... anyone interested? I'm no "expert" but a good way to get to see nature.
If so.... please PM me and I'll respond. Thanks and still trying to get someone from The Villages Kayak Club to call me back....
My husband and I are certainly interested. We are planning to be in TV for February and March 2011.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird1898 View Post

You can rent canoes/kayaks at Rainbow Springs in Dunnellon: http://floridastateparks.org/rainbowsprings/default.cfm

and Alexander Springs north of Altoona (42 East, 19 North, CR 445 East):
http://www.stateparks.com/ocala.html

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Julie

Apparently there are two "Villages Canoe and Kayak Clubs" The club I belong to has a different url http://vckc.net/

We meet the third Tuesday of the month at the Colony Cottage Regional Recreation Center and have our paddles on the 4th Tuesday.

It is a great club with many interesting activities and paddles with loads of friendly members. I hope to see some of you there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.