The Villages Computer Club.

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Gold member
Default The Villages Computer Club.

Talk of the Villages would like to welcome The Villages Computer Club and all who have registered here the last few days. We hope you will enjoy this great on-line resource and join in on the many conversations. Glad to have you all as members.

Best Wishes
Talk of The Villages.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Founder
Default Re: The Villages Computer Club.

Hi everbody from the Computer Club. Please feel free to post a little bit about yourself and your computer interests here and in General Discussion forums. Don't be shy, jump in and enjoy the great conversations.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Gold member

As one of the creators of Talk of the Villages, I'll share a little of my background. I've been in IT for the better part of 25 years. I started my career on the hardware and networking side of the house and eventually moved over to software and infrastructure areas. For the last 10 years I've been a software development project manager mostly involved in web based projects for companies such as Qualcomm, SAIC and several others. IT has treated me pretty well over the years and it's been a great career. Seems like I still spend the majority of my time looking at a computer screen and am constantly amazed by how fast technology is changing. Fun stuff...

D.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 PM

I was reluctant to leave my first RN position in the 80s because I was afraid of the computers.

Now I love them. I work on an OB unit and use them all day long.Computers to watch the patterns of labor and baby rsponse. Computers to chart on. ON and on and on.

I am spoiled with the very fast computers at home. Looking forward to retirement and hopefully becoming a villager.

I am thouroughly enjoying this site!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:20 PM

I was at the meeting last Friday and it was the first time that I had heard of the "Talk of the Villages". The presentation was enjoyable and here I am.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:36 PM

Glad to see you and the Forum here..... Please feel free to come back and let us know more about how you are doing.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Taltarzac

Please check out the new meeting places of some of the Villages Computer Club Friday dates. http://www.thevillagescomputerclub.com/schedules.htm
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM

HELLO, TO THE COMPUTER CLUB.

SOUNDS LIKE A FRIENDLY GROUP. DO YOU HAVE MONTHLY MEETINGS? IM HERE OFF AND ON. IM FROM NORWALK, CONN. I LIVE IN THE VILLAGES AT SUMMERHILL. REALLY LIKE IT A LOT. ANYONE HERE FROM CONN? I NEED TO LEARN A LOT ABOUT USING MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP. THINGS LIKE SENDING PICTURES TO OTHER PEOPLE. ETC. ANYONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER ME IS WELCOME. BYE, TIGER...
Old 09-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGER
HELLO, TO THE COMPUTER CLUB.

SOUNDS LIKE A FRIENDLY GROUP. DO YOU HAVE MONTHLY MEETINGS? IM HERE OFF AND ON. IM FROM NORWALK, CONN. I LIVE IN THE VILLAGES AT SUMMERHILL. REALLY LIKE IT A LOT. ANYONE HERE FROM CONN? I NEED TO LEARN A LOT ABOUT USING MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP. THINGS LIKE SENDING PICTURES TO OTHER PEOPLE. ETC. ANYONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER ME IS WELCOME. BYE, TIGER...
The VCC usually meets every week on Friday except for holidays and twice a month on Thursdays. It is a very helpful group with which to share common computer problems. I have been a member for about two years now of the VCC.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: The Villages Computer Club. Orlando Sentinel article about the VCC.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/techn...echnology_util
Old 01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: The Villages Computer Club. Orlando Sentinel article about the VCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191
Couldn't open this one, says "Page not found." Is it me or them? barb1191
My mistake. This should work-- http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/orlandos...Y-HAIRED+GURUS

It is just an abstract though. Older articles cost $$ to look at with the Orlando Sentinel. >
Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 AM

I went to a meeting about a month ago -- very impressive! I have a virus in my computer and need help. Please call me at 352-633-7956.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Sage
Default Computer Available Free - Needs Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Hi everbody from the Computer Club. Please feel free to post a little bit about yourself and your computer interests here and in General Discussion forums. Don't be shy, jump in and enjoy the great conversations.
I have a 3 year old Dell tower(Studio XPS) computer with a hard drive that has crashed. It comes with an HP high def monitor (HP 2408), keyboard, mouse and printer (HP Officejet 6500 Wireless). The hard drive came with Microsoft 7 as the OS.

I understand the Villages Computer Club repairs & refurbishes computer equipment and then donates it to schools, etc. If that is correct I would like to provide the above noted hardware assuming that the club would be interested.

As far as I can tell, all except the hard drive is functional.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I have a 3 year old Dell tower(Studio XPS) computer with a hard drive that has crashed. It comes with an HP high def monitor (HP 2408), keyboard, mouse and printer (HP Officejet 6500 Wireless). The hard drive came with Microsoft 7 as the OS.

I understand the Villages Computer Club repairs & refurbishes computer equipment and then donates it to schools, etc. If that is correct I would like to provide the above noted hardware assuming that the club would be interested.

As far as I can tell, all except the hard drive is functional.
There are several computer clubs listed on the Villages Clubs Listing.
May have more current info than this 2007 thread.
http://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Old 06-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
There are several computer clubs listed on the Villages Clubs Listing.

May have more current info than this 2007 thread.

http://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf

Thank you

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.