Women only clubs?

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Default Women only clubs?

There are many clubs for a specific reason- hobby, interest, home state, sports, golf- but are there any clubs like a "Women Only- No Men Allowed club" ?- for example- for women who want to socialize without the men for dinner, movies, antiquing, shows? I am married and therefore wouldn't fit in in a singles club but would like some female friendships and activities that don't revolve around the men and golf. "Ya Ya Sisterhood" maybe?? I moved in last September and am looking for a club for women just to socialize. ideas? Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaShrimp View Post
There are many clubs for a specific reason- hobby, interest, home state, sports, golf- but are there any clubs like a "Women Only- No Men Allowed club" ?- for example- for women who want to socialize without the men for dinner, movies, antiquing, shows? I am married and therefore wouldn't fit in in a singles club but would like some female friendships and activities that don't revolve around the men and golf. "Ya Ya Sisterhood" maybe?? I moved in last September and am looking for a club for women just to socialize. ideas? Thanks
Sounds like a good idea to me, I'm game. (married, female 66)
Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 PM

How about The Red Hat Society
Old 03-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Do you play golf. I have many girl friends I have meet playing golf twice a week. We alway go to lunch after golf. And if it is too hot or too cold to play we sometimes go to the movies or to lunch
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Didn't I see something out there that now that was illegal? Discrimination of gender? Seems Augusta National fell to that issue just a couple years ago.

Last edited by l2ridehd; 03-11-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I like all kinds of groups and love our girls golf groups...and our couples golf too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-03-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:57 AM

how did you make out with this club, I would be interested. Being new to the villages and a Snowbird; I would like to meet some ladies, even just to go and have a coffee once in a while?
hindssally@gmail.com
Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM

I am also looking to expand my circle of friends. How about a movie or just have a bunch of us get together for iced tea and dessert,( I am diabetic but a chocolate lover) Depending on number of responses we can meet my house or take suggestions for a place. Ladies of Leisure
Old 03-02-2014, 07:03 PM

The Juliets (Just Us Ladies Into Every Thing) is a large member driven group for women (married or single). If you would like to join please PM me for further information. There are various activities such as lunch, cards, trips etc.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Veteran member
Default Juliets

To expand on previous post about Juliets -- Just Us Ladies Into Everything

We are a group, not a club, which means no meetings, dues or agendas. A newsletter goes out bi-monthly listing events - example: meet for lunch, a movie, dinner, a play, etc.....

To get on the mailing list: email: Christi.mathewson@gmail.com. Send her your email, phone, village and where you were originally from...that's it.

Last edited by salpal; 03-03-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.