All the new coaches to hire in college football

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Sage
Default All the new coaches to hire in college football

Is anyone other than me enjoying all the new hiring going on? There are so many new openings in college football and a scramble to hurry up and hire someone before somebody else gets him. I can't see why a college would seek to hire a coach that has a losing record and has been just fired for under preforming.
The latest I heard was that Miami Hurricanes would probably sign Mark Richt from UGA this week who always has a winning record. He quarterbacked the Canes while in college. UGA has hired coordinator from Alabama. Seems like Bama may loose another coach to new openings.
Central Fla. has hired Offensive Coordinator from Oregon which sounds like a good move for them. Everyone is in a rush to get a coach before recruits start making a decision.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Sage

UPDATE.....Mark Richt is the Miami new coach. He was the backup quarterback under Jim Kelly at the"U".
Old 12-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Is anyone other than me enjoying all the new hiring going on? There are so many new openings in college football and a scramble to hurry up and hire someone before somebody else gets him. I can't see why a college would seek to hire a coach that has a losing record and has been just fired for under preforming.
The latest I heard was that Miami Hurricanes would probably sign Mark Richt from UGA this week who always has a winning record. He quarterbacked the Canes while in college. UGA has hired coordinator from Alabama. Seems like Bama may loose another coach to new openings.
Central Fla. has hired Offensive Coordinator from Oregon which sounds like a good move for them. Everyone is in a rush to get a coach before recruits start making a decision.
You can track everything here The Scoop - FootballScoop
Old 12-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
You can track everything here The Scoop - FootballScoop
Thanks, that's a good site.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
UPDATE.....Mark Richt is the Miami new coach. He was the backup quarterback under Jim Kelly at the"U".
What got him noticed by Georgia in 2001 was the previous 14 years he was the quarterback coach and offensive coordinator at Florida State. He coached two Heisman winners, Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke. Also, his last year 2000, FSU was National Champions.
Closed Thread

Tags
college, hire, coach, record, openings, football, uga, hired, coordinator, week, richt, quarterbacked, alabama, winning, canes, rush, move, recruits, decision, making, start, good, sounds, mark, loose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.