Auburn Wins - Wow! What a game!

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Auburn Wins - Wow! What a game!

Are you kidding me, 1 second on the clock and they run it in!....Alabama, so sorry, good good game!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Are you kidding me, 1 second on the clock and they run it in!....Alabama, so sorry, good good game!
WOW. I'm sorry I missed it.

That's why I love sports because it mirrors life and creates drama. You never know what is going to happen, as they don't play these games on paper.

How many points was Alabama favored by?

I have to see Sportscenter, as this will shake up the championship game picture, as Ohio State beat Michigan 42-41. Michigan went for a two point try and missed with less than a minute to play. The Michigan coach, will have of explaining to do, to justify his try for two points, instead of going for the tie with a kick.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

Lots of great fun football today. Even if I am a Buckeye, I still enjoy a close game that we end up winning.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
Lots of great fun football today. Even if I am a Buckeye, I still enjoy a close game that we end up winning.
Loved the ending!!!

I wonder if Michigan would have gone for the extra point and the tie - who would have won in overtime? I think it was a bad decision of the Michigan coach to go for 2. Maybe you would be as unhappy as Alabama if he would have done the right thing.

But then that is the way the game goes.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Loved the ending!!!

I wonder if Michigan would have gone for the extra point and the tie - who would have won in overtime? I think it was a bad decision of the Michigan coach to go for 2. Maybe you would be as unhappy as Alabama if he would have done the right thing.

But then that is the way the game goes.

Z
Can't agree the Michigan coach did not do the "right thing". He was going for the win and the astute announcer opined that it was because he was convinced his defense could not stop the Ohio State run game in overtime. That sounds like good coaching to me -assessing all the options and choosing what he thought was best at the time. On the other hand, the Alabama special teams coach seemed to have been completely asleep on the last play. As was said, he "put out all the fat guys" even though a short field goal runback was one of only a couple of things that could have happened.

The most fun of all was the replay of the final play done by the local Auburn radio announcer. That's two games in a row I can't understand how the guy didn't have a coronary!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
lots of great fun football today. Even if i am a buckeye, i still enjoy a close game that we end up winning.

me too!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

So now does FSU move up to #1 or is it Auburn? Does OSU stay at #3 with FSU and Auburn 1 and 2? Really winning by one point against a team with a losing record in the weak big 10 is not impressive to the voters. One more week of games may result in Mich State beating OSU and Missouri beating Auburn who it must be said has been very lucky to win their last two games (Bama missed 4 FG's)
Old 12-01-2013, 06:13 AM

The Auburn/Alabama game was one of the best of the season! Loved it that Auburn won.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Thank goodness the windows were closed in our house. I was screaming so loud the neighbors would have called 911 if they'd heard! What a great game!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default FSU is #1 and

If UCF wins next game they play Alabama....This football "thing" makes us giggle because we usually could care less about football (way too slow and lots of replays)....We are basketball fans, living in NC might be the reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
So now does FSU move up to #1 or is it Auburn? Does OSU stay at #3 with FSU and Auburn 1 and 2? Really winning by one point against a team with a losing record in the weak big 10 is not impressive to the voters. One more week of games may result in Mich State beating OSU and Missouri beating Auburn who it must be said has been very lucky to win their last two games (Bama missed 4 FG's)
Old 12-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default Beef O'Bradys and the Auburn win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Thank goodness the windows were closed in our house. I was screaming so loud the neighbors would have called 911 if they'd heard! What a great game!
While my food was in plain sight, I was waiting for a Beef O'Brady's take-out order pick-up when this Touchdown! occurred. The waitress was getting drinks and stuff while I waited and waited and then she told me that she had to restart the credit card. Not sure what that meant but she did leave the credit card where I could see it while she went into the back. I waited a few more minutes it seemed and then the Auburn Touchdown happened. Still rather quiet in the Beef O'Brady's though. I did hear one guy yell out about the Auburn team. Must have been a lot of Alabama fans in that Beef O'Brady's at Southern Trace Shopping Center??

They were very good dinners, however. And we had a $3 off coupon.

I saw the Auburn winning Touchdown a few more times on the many screens around the walls at Beef O'Brady's.

A woman came out to the parking lot near my vehicle while I was processing what I had just witnessed just sitting in my car. Inside Beef O'Brady's it was kind of like being on display while they fuddled around with processing drink orders while my take out orders were just sitting there. The lady customer from Beef O'Brady's was smiling as she approached the U of Miami Florida golf cart near my vehicle.

I call these my Truman Show moments. They have been becoming more and more common here in the Villages for me.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Eternal Member

Yesterday had to be the best day of college games ever. Great games all around regardless if your team won or lost, I was 1/1.

VG
Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 AM

Thank you Auburn!!!! GO BUCKS!!!!!

As others said, it was a great day of college football watching. The Bama/Auburn game will go down as an all time classic.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

I happened to tune in the game with 1 second remaining and got to see first hand the drama that then developed with Alabama contesting that time had not run out but 1 second remained. The game officials reviewed the replay and decided that there remained 1 second on the clock. Then watched as Alabama tired a 57 yard field goal which fell short and was fielded in the end zone by Auburn and run back 109 yards for a winning TD. This all happened with the contested 1 second remaking in the game............UNBELIEVABLE FINISH.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM

I have been to many an Iron Bowl, but this will always be my favorite. I can barely talk and will cherish my moments on that field after the game for the rest of my life!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.