Ohio State #3 in Preseason Poll.....but....

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Facebook says Urban Myer will resign in press conference at 5:45 today.
Not seeing this anywhere....
Old 08-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Just saying....
I was watching that OSU vs Clemson game on television when Woody lost his mind. The thing that stands out to me is that Keith Jackson and his sidekick, Coach Ara Parseghian, never said a word about the incident during the broadcast.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
Is it accurate that she never filed a police report?
What has been reported is the wife has called 911 nine times over the years with police responding. Not once was there an arrest of either party. Usually on most domestic violence calls, someone goes to jail. It just doesn't sound right.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
What has been reported is the wife has called 911 nine times over the years with police responding. Not once was there an arrest of either party. Usually on most domestic violence calls, someone goes to jail. It just doesn't sound right.
I agree 100%.

Here's another thing.....this guy also had issues at Florida. I mean I realize Urban was running a gang member program at Florida with the Pouncey twins and the crazy nut Hernandez. But the guy was only there BC of who his Grandfather was. Why do coaches stick their necks out for coaches who are abusers?

Its like the Penn State thing too. Sandusky wasn't a particularly good coach and Paterno didn't like him. So why keep him on? I'll tell you why. BC assistant coaches are aware how corrupt programs are, and have dirt on the head coaches. So the head coaches are scared if they fire someone, they will spill the beans. I mean Urban thinks it is worth losing his job to keep F-G Zach Smith on his staff??????? Why?

And what is Shelley responsibility here really? I mean not to absolve her but she is hearing one side of the story. One I believe is true, but still. You should go to the cops or DA. Not to Shelley Urban. What is she going to help you out in between shoe shopping trips?
Old 08-04-2018, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Wrong, Smith WAS arrested in 2009.

Ohio State: Urban Meyer, Zach Smith create more problems

Quote:
Smith, 33, was twice accused by Courtney and once arrested (in 2009) of domestic abuse, and Meyer still had no problem keeping him on the staff. This despite the existence of photos showing injuries and bruises.

In the same link, Meyer NOW admits that he really did know about the 2015 allegation...but passed it on through channels.

Quote:
Start quickly with Meyer, who in a statement revealed he actually did know about Courtney’s 2015 allegation. He claims he, like always, had “followed proper reporting protocols and procedures.”

This runs completely contrary to his statements last month at Big Ten media day when Meyer claimed he had no knowledge of the 2015 allegation and had never had a conversation about it.

Assaulting a woman is bad enough, but thinking that it shouldn't be anyone else's concern (or not taking action/trying to make excuses for the scumbag)...is even more vile.

Quote:
“I believe personal matters, marital matters need to remain personal and between a husband and wife,” Zach said on ESPN in a separate interview.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Wrong, Smith WAS arrested in 2009.

Ohio State: Urban Meyer, Zach Smith create more problems

In the same link, Meyer NOW admits that he really did know about the 2015 allegation...but passed it on through channels.

Assaulting a woman is bad enough, but thinking that it shouldn't be anyone else's concern (or not taking action/trying to make excuses for the scumbag)...is even more vile.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Looks like they might have to do it without Urban Meyer. He has been put on administrative leave.

Ohio State Buckeyes places Urban Meyer on administrative leave
Hopefully, Ryan Day, who is from our home state of NH, will do a good job replacing Meyer. Ryan is talented and a good husband!
Old 08-23-2018, 01:00 PM

What a joke. Did anyone happen to watch Finebaum yesterday saying Urban knew that Aaron Hernandez was shooting people while he was at UF????
Wow.
OSU have sold their soul for the ultimate crook.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Hard to believe Paul Finebaum wasn't consulted originally, could have saved alot of time and money.

Last edited by bagboy; 08-24-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

That 3 game suspension is a slap in the face to all abused women; 3 games is bullish!t, that penalty was a slap on the wrist; he should have been fired. And I would be saying the same thing even if it was the Arkansas coach.

Karma will rear its ugly head on Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Their time is coming. 😡😡😡😡
Old 08-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Sage

Woody Hayes, now Urban Meyer.

Ohio State seems to have more despicable, thug coaches...than a lot of other teams have players in the same category.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:38 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Big business has won. That is what college football is.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Sage

Most saw this slap on the wrist coming. I imagine they reviewed his contract and found they would have to pay him too much to fire him and then hire another high profile coach.
Gives me another reason to hate the Buckeyes.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:22 PM
Sage

And the beat goes on.

Ohio State's culture of cover-up helped save Urban Meyer's job.

Quote:

Minutes later, Meyer met with football staffer Brian Voltolini. Their first inclination, per the school’s investigation, was to figure out how to delete text messages from Meyer’s phone.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Just a few comments...

...heard the press conference described as looking like a hostage video.

....Also told that the reason the meeting took so long was that Meyer refused to accept the suspension. Not sure what prompted his acceptance finally, but been told the time spent was because of that. It would explain his attitude.

....Meyer knew most of what was happening at Florida during his tenure, and while I am told he does have some health issues, they were blown out of proportion. (Maybe his "memory" problems, which are becoming a national plague, was another use of his health.

It is not just OSU. Good coaches demand and get tons of money. Football programs supply so much of a university's budget, they get lots of leadway.

He lied to start this, and lying will never ever pay off.
Closed Thread

Tags
meyer, urban, leave, administrative, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.