Ohio State #3 in Preseason Poll.....but....

Ohio State #3 in Preseason Poll.....but....

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Facebook says Urban Myer will resign in press conference at 5:45 today.
If that happens, the second highest paid public employee in the USA will be out of work.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Location: Springfield Oh Phoenix Az Melbourne Fl Lexington Ky

OK. Will somebody explain this to me. Don't get me wrong Zack Smith needs to be more than fired. I bet most men on here will agree with me that if that were my daughter me and Zack would have had a "comer to god" meeting back in 2009 the first time this happened. What I don't understand is why she didn't do anything about it then and now 9 years later it is all Urban Myers fault it happened again. No woman needs to be treated like that and I don't understand why she didn't do something instead of trying to ruin Urban Myers career.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbluk View Post
OK. Will somebody explain this to me. Don't get me wrong Zack Smith needs to be more than fired. I bet most men on here will agree with me that if that were my daughter me and Zack would have had a "comer to god" meeting back in 2009 the first time this happened. What I don't understand is why she didn't do anything about it then and now 9 years later it is all Urban Myers fault it happened again. No woman needs to be treated like that and I don't understand why she didn't do something instead of trying to ruin Urban Myers career.
Yeah, I'm sure that trying to ruin some football coach's career...was the main thing on her mind.

Here, educate yourself.

Why Domestic Violence Victims Don't Just Leave (Click Here)

Quote:
One consistent factor in cases of domestic violence is that the stated reasons for refusing to leave an abuser are supported by research.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Just saying....
Attached Thumbnails
18185_655814747896210_3834182466940480964_n-jpg  

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 AM

Is it accurate that she never filed a police report?
Old 08-03-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Facebook says Urban Myer will resign in press conference at 5:45 today.
Not seeing this anywhere....
Old 08-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Just saying....
I was watching that OSU vs Clemson game on television when Woody lost his mind. The thing that stands out to me is that Keith Jackson and his sidekick, Coach Ara Parseghian, never said a word about the incident during the broadcast.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
Is it accurate that she never filed a police report?
What has been reported is the wife has called 911 nine times over the years with police responding. Not once was there an arrest of either party. Usually on most domestic violence calls, someone goes to jail. It just doesn't sound right.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
What has been reported is the wife has called 911 nine times over the years with police responding. Not once was there an arrest of either party. Usually on most domestic violence calls, someone goes to jail. It just doesn't sound right.
I agree 100%.

Here's another thing.....this guy also had issues at Florida. I mean I realize Urban was running a gang member program at Florida with the Pouncey twins and the crazy nut Hernandez. But the guy was only there BC of who his Grandfather was. Why do coaches stick their necks out for coaches who are abusers?

Its like the Penn State thing too. Sandusky wasn't a particularly good coach and Paterno didn't like him. So why keep him on? I'll tell you why. BC assistant coaches are aware how corrupt programs are, and have dirt on the head coaches. So the head coaches are scared if they fire someone, they will spill the beans. I mean Urban thinks it is worth losing his job to keep F-G Zach Smith on his staff??????? Why?

And what is Shelley responsibility here really? I mean not to absolve her but she is hearing one side of the story. One I believe is true, but still. You should go to the cops or DA. Not to Shelley Urban. What is she going to help you out in between shoe shopping trips?
Old 08-04-2018, 06:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Wrong, Smith WAS arrested in 2009.

Ohio State: Urban Meyer, Zach Smith create more problems

Quote:
Smith, 33, was twice accused by Courtney and once arrested (in 2009) of domestic abuse, and Meyer still had no problem keeping him on the staff. This despite the existence of photos showing injuries and bruises.

In the same link, Meyer NOW admits that he really did know about the 2015 allegation...but passed it on through channels.

Quote:
Start quickly with Meyer, who in a statement revealed he actually did know about Courtney’s 2015 allegation. He claims he, like always, had “followed proper reporting protocols and procedures.”

This runs completely contrary to his statements last month at Big Ten media day when Meyer claimed he had no knowledge of the 2015 allegation and had never had a conversation about it.

Assaulting a woman is bad enough, but thinking that it shouldn't be anyone else's concern (or not taking action/trying to make excuses for the scumbag)...is even more vile.

Quote:
“I believe personal matters, marital matters need to remain personal and between a husband and wife,” Zach said on ESPN in a separate interview.

Tags
meyer, urban, leave, administrative, put