Penn State Nittany Lions Talk

Old 12-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
Feel for the victims yes. But it seems to me that those involved are being prosecuted and dealt with in the proper way through the judicial system. What else would you have the university do? Why should the kids who had nothing to do with any of this pay a continuing price. There only violation was to come to a great university, get a great Big 10 education and play some football.
You are right.

The truth is that it will be awhile before all this stuff goes away.

Just like it will be awhile before anyone thinks happily about a beautiful little town in Connecticut. One really doesn't have anything to do with the other but we are ..........just people.

Time will heal. This too will pass. Those kids will play football, get an education and make friends and have people cheer for them and continue with their lives and they will tell their grandchildren that they played at Penn State after a terrible time.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right.

The truth is that it will be awhile before all this stuff goes away.

Just like it will be awhile before anyone thinks happily about a beautiful little town in Connecticut. One really doesn't have anything to do with the other but we are ..........just people.

Time will heal. This too will pass. Those kids will play football, get an education and make friends and have people cheer for them and continue with their lives and they will tell their grandchildren that they played at Penn State after a terrible time.
Blame the powerful clique that allowed these crimes to continue, not the school itself. I am glad that Penn State Football has been having a very good year.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Feel for the victims yes. But it seems to me that those involved are being prosecuted and dealt with in the proper way through the judicial system. What else would you have the university do? Why should the kids who had nothing to do with any of this pay a continuing price. There only violation was to come to a great university, get a great Big 10 education and play some football.
I am happy for the kids that stayed and are a good representation of what this universities goals are. They should not be penalized for the people who hands were dirty in the scandal that took place. They are moving forward with their lives as they should.

I was strictly talking about football in that sanctions imposed on the school from the scandal would adversely affect the players recruted for the football team going forward. They will have less players to choose from and in a competetive fiootball environment, that will add difficulty to winning future footbal games.

Penn State is doing all the right things in moving on from this scandal as they should and I'm sure they are doing everything in their power to restore their once spotless reputation.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile

Quote:
I agree. Seem like the students are being punished more than the actual people involved in the scandal.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Veteran member

The current coaching staff and players who stuck it out are all participating in writing a new Penn State history. Penn State football's best football years are still to come,
Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Default PSU Tailgate

Were do PSU fans tailgate on game day?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Veteran member

This fall Penn State fans will be at Mc Call's for all games
Old 06-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Default Psu tailgate

Great.I am a TV newbie.
Were is McCall's?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
Great.I am a TV newbie.
Were is McCall's?
It's in Spanish Springs! We found it last week and plan to be there for the game on Saturday. Also, don't forget about College Colors Day on Friday in the Spanish Springs square!!!

Hope to see you there!!
Bill and Judy (from Old Stone Way)
Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Veteran member

We are ...
Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Veteran member

PENN STATE. And yes that is a shout out!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Veteran member

PSU annual meeting is Sunday at noon at the American Legion on Rolling Acres Road at 466. You will love this bunch of people, great fans and nice friends. You can join at the meeting.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Didn't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
PSU annual meeting is Sunday at noon at the American Legion on Rolling Acres Road at 466. You will love this bunch of people, great fans and nice friends. You can join at the meeting.
There was a PSU club in the villages. Tell me more or PM me please.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:17 PM

I have an apartment around 7 blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. I went to the Big Ten Party before the game. I think there were more Penn State fans than not. My neighbor from Pennsylvania had great club seats and tried to sell 2 (legal in Indiana), but he took a big loss selling way under the value before game. I didn't go, late game better on TV. You could get in the stadium for $15 the day of game and no bad seats there; just great and good.

I loved the Penn State win, and happy for them, and being a Buckeye, I thank Penn State for giving OSU an extra week rest as the other 3 teams in the playoff had to play in their championships. Maybe we threw the game against you (just kidding).

Thank you Penn State... Thank you!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.