Outlook and iCloud

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2022, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Outlook and iCloud

The address book in Outlook no longer recognizes the iCloud contacts as an available address book. I have windows for iCloud and my contacts do appear in iCloud. I think it's a Windows 11 issue since did not have this issue with Windows 10. After a long conversation with Apple, and many many tries they also believe it's a Windows issue. Thoughts or anyone know anyone that has knowledge?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-17-2022, 04:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The address book in Outlook no longer recognizes the iCloud contacts as an available address book. I have windows for iCloud and my contacts do appear in iCloud. I think it's a Windows 11 issue since did not have this issue with Windows 10. After a long conversation with Apple, and many many tries they also believe it's a Windows issue. Thoughts or anyone know anyone that has knowledge?
I doubt I can help if Apple Support didn't.

A couple points, you probably already checked. In Outlook click one the Address Book in the Ribbon or toolbar.

If the iCloud is shown in the address book selector, make sure Name only is selected, or the list will only display if you enter something into the name search field.

In the Address display, if you installed iCloud from Apple, the address book will be called iCloud, if you installed it from Windows/Microsoft it will be called Contacts.

When you installed Windows 11 if it was an upgrade from Windows 10, it should have automatically connected to iCloud credentials in your Windows 10 installation. If you installed iCloud yourself into Windows 11.

Make certain you have run iCloud app after the install and signed into iCloud with your Apple ID.

If all that is good, then check in the iCloud app settings (on the your Windows Computer). When you log into iCloud on the web you may get an error message saying that the current version of Outlook installed on your computer is not supported. It will give you a link to see what to do if that is the case.

Otherwise, if you do not get that message, then look through the settings make sure Outlook and address book are enabled.

If that doesn't help, then you are over my head, sorry, I am an Apple Dev, but I haven't worked on windows for over a decade now, and my only experience on it now it maintaining my wife's Windows machine (which I don't do much on - lol)
Old 06-17-2022, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I doubt I can help if Apple Support didn't.

A couple points, you probably already checked. In Outlook click one the Address Book in the Ribbon or toolbar.

If the iCloud is shown in the address book selector, make sure Name only is selected, or the list will only display if you enter something into the name search field.

In the Address display, if you installed iCloud from Apple, the address book will be called iCloud, if you installed it from Windows/Microsoft it will be called Contacts.

When you installed Windows 11 if it was an upgrade from Windows 10, it should have automatically connected to iCloud credentials in your Windows 10 installation. If you installed iCloud yourself into Windows 11.

Make certain you have run iCloud app after the install and signed into iCloud with your Apple ID.

If all that is good, then check in the iCloud app settings (on the your Windows Computer). When you log into iCloud on the web you may get an error message saying that the current version of Outlook installed on your computer is not supported. It will give you a link to see what to do if that is the case.

Otherwise, if you do not get that message, then look through the settings make sure Outlook and address book are enabled.

If that doesn't help, then you are over my head, sorry, I am an Apple Dev, but I haven't worked on windows for over a decade now, and my only experience on it now it maintaining my wife's Windows machine (which I don't do much on - lol)
Thanks....we tried what you suggested at Apples direction. When I click on the "to" in a new message the address book window opens but iCloud address book does not. The only books are labeled "this computer only". Getting it to recognize iCloud is the mystery. Thanks for the reply.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
windows, icloud, issue, outlook, contacts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.